swing arm linkage bearings ?

is it really crucial that theese be lubed every now and then, i heard from some guys at my local track that its good to lube them after break in along with the the bearings in the handle bars or w/e. is this so ?

Yes, you should know this. Take apart your linkage and grease all the bearings in there with some good quality waterproof grease. and your swing arm bearings as well. make sure its clean. Do the steering stem bearings too. Its all in the manual. If you dont do it expect to pay a hell of a lot more later. Get with it

is it really crucial that theese be lubed every now and then?

Yes, you should.

You should do it when the bike is brand new, honda doesn't believe in using grease. All my bearings had no grease in them, gee I wonder why people complain about a setup fee? :naughty: It's probably better to get a bike that is still in the crate then assembly it yourself so you know it's put together correctly.

You should do it when the bike is brand new, honda doesn't believe in using grease. All my bearings had no grease in them, gee I wonder why people complain about a setup fee? :naughty: It's probably better to get a bike that is still in the crate then assembly it yourself so you know it's put together correctly.

I've had problems with new Hondas not being well greased but my CRF actually came with a pretty good grease job. I took everything apart before the first ride to grease it and was really surprised how well it had been greased.

YES, you definitely need to take it apart, clean everything and grease it.

Definatly, I took mine apart at approx 100 miles, come to find out the bearing that the shock attaches too was in pretty bad shape, they had installed the seal backwards allowing water/dirt to get in. The rest were in very good shape, minimal grease though....

All my bearings had no grease in them, gee I wonder why people complain about a setup fee?

I've read several posts like yours, but my linkage and swingarm bearings were all very well greased directly from Honda. I cleaned it all out and regreased anyway.

yeah mine looked like it had a little used 10w-40 oil dumped in them...definatly regrease