camel backs

this summer i might be getting over 600 acres of land to ride on. im probably going to need a camel back because i have around 100 now and i get thirsty quick especially when its dusty. whats a good sized camelback to get. not too heavy, and can carry a few small extra things. like a ratchet. you know small tools.. and where can i get one for a good price :naughty:

I tried my camel back that I use for Mountian biking (dont know the model) and it drove me freaking crazy with the chest protector on. I got down the trail turned aroound and took it off. I think it was too big . Maybe the shorter models work better cuz I always see guy with them on.

Go to a Dicks Sporting Goods, Cabelas, or whatever you have close and look at them in person. They change styles a lot and the pockets from one size to the next can be completely different. Try it on in the store and pick one that is comfortable but remember it will feel different with H2O. Mine is a medium sized one with a zipper pocket and a strap that connects the shoulder straps across my chest. I wouldn't suggest putting tools in it. It will be uncomfortable and heavy. You should look at the Moose tool bags for tool storage.

I use the same one for snowboarding/dirtbiking/whatever and I love it. I have a pretty long torso as I am 6'4" and the hip belt still hits me at the hip so it gives a little more hip support. I wear it with a chest protector and it is just fine for trails. With 3L of water (don't get any less), I'll drain it in a couple hours. Usually refill it twice in a day. I really do drink between 1 and 2 gallons of liquids on a hot riding day. With the water and a lunch... in the pack and the chest protector don't expect to be winning any races on a track b/c of the extra weight up top, but for trail riding in the Washington Cascade mountains, I love it. Take your chest protector down to REI, a bicycle shop or a motorcycle shop and just start trying the packs on with the chest protector until u like one. It won't be perfect, but you can get pretty close. You could always trade urs in and get a Fox Airframe cuz they are the best.

i have one, but its made by outdoor products or something, its 2 liters and i get through it in about 15 miles. the one i have i got at target for a really good price compared to the camelbacks. its like a backpack that you can put stuff in, camera, cd player, gps, snacks, whatevr. I use it snowboarding and riding and it is great. go to like target and save some money and get a bigger one

....im probably going to need a camel back....

I prefer the camel toes to the camelbacks...

i have one, but its made by outdoor products or something, its 2 liters and i get through it in about 15 miles. the one i have i got at target for a really good price compared to the camelbacks. its like a backpack that you can put stuff in, camera, cd player, gps, snacks, whatevr. I use it snowboarding and riding and it is great. go to like target and save some money and get a bigger one

Im pretty sure i have the same thing. mine is made by outdoor products, its 2 liters, and about 35 bucks a GI Joes. the 2 liter camelback i compared it to was about 60 bucks, and didnt have half the storage as the outdoor produckt. as for the quality, it has been holding up great for the last few months, and i just took it on a 60 mile desert ride on saturday. my rear fender came off, and i used elastic straps on the "outdoor products/camelback" to carry the fender for the rest of the ride. as for storage, it has plenty of pockets, and room for basic tools, cd/mp3 players, and other small stuff. so all in all, if you dont feel like paying name brand prices, i recommend this one. i found mine at GI Joes, and ridered50230 found his at target, so just try you local sporting goods outlet. :naughty:

The Lobo Camelbak works good for me. Holds 70 oz. of liquid. Has a pouch for maps and enough room in the lower bag for a spark plug, plug wrench, a small camera and one of those Motion Pro type mini tool set.

:naughty:

I use the Blowfish model...

It has just the right amount of room and isnt too big.

I went and bought one from WalMart, for about $20, its made by Bell.. Works great, has a small compartment for some extras too.. I zip-tied it too my CP, i dont even know its there til im thirsty :naughty:

I prefer the camel toes to the camelbacks...
I hear you cluckin, big chicken. :naughty::naughty::D . My brother has a H.A.W.G. It is pretty cool with lots of storage. I havent riden with it yet though.
this summer i might be getting over 600 acres of land to ride on. im probably going to need a camel back because i have around 100 now and i get thirsty quick especially when its dusty. whats a good sized camelback to get. not too heavy, and can carry a few small extra things. like a ratchet. you know small tools.. and where can i get one for a good price :naughty:

get the biggest one you can.

it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

also remember that you can get a big one and fill it partially if weight is an issue.

jeremiah

I run the Camelbak MULE over my Airframe chest protector with no issues at all! :naughty:

I have a Camelbak Mule and Rev, the mule holds more h20 and gear.... :naughty:

Camebak products are great, east to keep clean...

MULE :naughty:

Holds plenty of water and room for keys, wallet, Leatherman, and first aide stuff. And fits fine over the chest protector. The nice thing about the Mule is the upper AND lower strap that secure the Mule across your chest. Keeps it pretty secure and doesn't move around a lot. Not all water systems have both straps.

I have the mule and the hawg. I like the hawg better myself. I can carry my sweatshirt or jacket liner inside if I have to but it is'nt too big. I can't fit my jacket or the liner in the mule, but the mule is great for summertime or shorter rides where I don't carry as much.

Camel Back REV. Fits Under Chest Protector

I have a K2 with a 2-liter bladder that works pretty well. The most important thing I've found is to strap it directly to the back plate of my Fox chest protector. I run the straps through the vent holes in the protector then criss-cross them over the hydration pack. It holds the pack in place very well, and since its strapped to the chest protector, there are no straps constricting your arms and shoulders when you ride.