DRZ Seat Height

Does anyone know how to make the bike sit lower? I know I can buy another seat (for $175) it is supposed to lower the bike about 1 inch. I am 5'10" and the bike sits up so dam high for me. Thanks for the help

Koba Links...You can find a better price on the 'Zuk gel seat here at the TT Store or www.azmotorsports.com I've seen 'em at around $120. Do a "search forum" here for about a hundred pages on this topic. I, too, am 5'10" and haven't changed the seat or lowered it. You'll get used to it if you ride enough. 37" seat height versus 32" inseam makes for some interesting low speed get-offs. Never have problems when the wick is on...Good luck...

How long have you had the bike? Mostly it just takes getting use to. I'm 5' 6'' 29 inch inseam. Everything is tall for me. The thought of flat footed on the ground has never been a reality for me. I lowered the bike 1 inch front and rear with internal spacers in the suspension and cut the seat 1/2 inch. You still have 2 1/2 inches on me.

My KTM with 38 inch seat height, I'm just getting use to it.

The more you ride it, the less a problem it will be. If you have to lower it, take and inch out of the stock seat. You will still have a better seat then the "low gel". After that, you have to do suspension mods.

ok thank you very much...i found the "search" button ; only if I knew about this sooner. Thanks for the quick reply.

shaving the seat worked for me @ 5'8". i have 2 seats. one i shaved about 1" & the other 2" plus.

the gel seat will help if you're willing to pay the price.

if you're 5'10" the bike should fit you good as is. you may want to check your sag. it should be about 100 mm(3.937 in.)

i didn't want to compromise my suspension with the links, but thats just me.

i ride 99.9% off road. supermoto might be a different story.

I rode mine for two years with the stock seat. Finally put on a gel seat and I'm only sorry I waited so long to do it. Got mine from arizona motorsports.

I am in about the same spot you are :D

my girlfriend is fine on my SM, but she can't handle the S setup at all. The bike allready has the Koba link and the seat is cut plus the forks are have been slid all the way up to the bottom of the bars.

What is next :naughty: i allready let all the air out of the tires :naughty:

I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam and I always forget how tall the DRZ is until I switch from the supermoto setup back to the dirt setup. I'm on my tip toes with the dirt wheels on but can almost flat-foot it with the 17's on.

I am in about the same spot you are :naughty:

my girlfriend is fine on my SM, but she can't handle the S setup at all. The bike allready has the Koba link and the seat is cut plus the forks are have been slid all the way up to the bottom of the bars.

What is next :D i allready let all the air out of the tires :naughty:

Dirt tires on SM rims?

Bar risers so you can raise the forks even more?

A taller girlfriend?

5'6" here

raised fork legs

increased rear sag to match

gel seat

lowered rear sub frame

5'6" here

lowered rear sub frame

Is this something different from using lowering links?

Is this something different from using lowering links?

Yeah, different from lowering links. Drilled a new set of holes at the lower mounting points of the subframe so that the back of the seat and fender drop by about a half of an inch.

i have the same setup, 5'10 and 29 inch inseam. I installed the Kouba links, and I love it, I also have the gel seat, and I swap back and fourth, if I will ride trails I use the gel seat, so I can touch in off beat situations, but I hate it for street riding, it just isnot comfortable.

Dirt tires on SM rims?

Bar risers so you can raise the forks even more?

A taller girlfriend?

:naughty: I think i will try the first two sugestions :naughty:

Two outta three ain't bad.