Pit Bikes, these are fun......

First post, registered today. I work at a bike/atv store here in Arizona. We are looking at these new pit bikes. We have looked at three bikes so far, SDG, Sikk and the Thumpstar. We have a guy that tests our bikes, rides them hard and another that looks at quality issues and ability to get parts.

Do not have final results, but will post when evaluations finished. So far, this is what I have seen so far. The Sikk is a nice bike, looks good, quality ok, fast. The SDG is a nice bike, but quality not there, some parts look pretty cheap. The Thumpstar has our attention and is the one of the three that is not well known. The bike looks good, is also very fast and by far has the better parts. This bike looks more like a quality racing bike. We have been told that a new version will be out with all aluminum body. Parts for these pit bikes is and will always be an issue, but we have been told( on the phone) by various dealers that parts can be found for all.

More later, any reviews or info on these bikes and any others appreciated.

What store do you work at?

I have last years SDG, and a 2005 Honda 88cc. The Honda is the best way to go in my eyes. I've seen the Sikk at ET motorpart- looks better than the SDG but the guy didn't ride the pitbike track. I also tried the Thumpstar at Meyer Distributing in Tempe and raced it with the SDG, the Thumpstar is better.

Cannot say on Internet boards, store rule, but....we are a Honda store. :naughty: We are going to race all against each other as well, will let you know the results.

you all gonna make it to Speedworld this weekend for the races?

I only know of one Honda store by me, and they are the "champion" at service in my book. :naughty:

I think you have to look at price versus performance. It is easy to come up with the best performing machine, probably a real Honda modified with BBR parts. But that is very expensive.

For that I think the Sikk (on better price) or maybe Thumpstar (on better quality)?

There is also Xtreme and Pitster Pro 110/125.