Today while tackling a particularly harsh dry creek bed I dumped my DRZ-S in a pile of 1 foot boulders. The impact was on the left side and it ripped the CFC guard right off the engine case. The guard did do it's job - there is a major dent in the guard but the case has only a minor score. I think the impact was pretty hard and it was kind of a prying/shearing wack. One problem was the RTV adhesive was not cured at all on the inside. I guess it did not get enough water from the air before the outer parts of the bond line cured - it's been a week since I put them on. I'd say only half of the area was cured. I'm in the desert and maybe I need to supplement the cure somehow. The Utah skidplate did NOT protect this area because it does not extend out far enough. If you are using a Utah skidplate make sure it extends well outside the plane of the case so it takes the brunt of a fall. It's not difficult to shape this area of the plate with a hammer (beat it out). I decided to make a 4.5" by 3.5" extension to the skidplate that rises another 1.5" to really cover the lower part of the leftside case. I made it tonight out of 0.09" thick Titanium and it's really strong and stiff. I'm impressed with titanium. I'm attaching it with eight 10/32 button head screws in holes tapped in the Skidplate, backed with locknuts.