Sign in to follow this  

Road America SM track pictures?

Hello guys,

Any one of you knows where I can see some pictures from the Briggs & Stratton Supermoto track (asphalt and dirt sections)?

Thanks for your help!

http://superbikers2.com

I think they are in a news bit from last spring. However I remember reading on the AMA press release that they will be using a purpouse built supermoto track for the national. Because their current dirt layout is not up to par...

I was at the track yesterday and word is the track is going to be used pretty much as is. In fact, it appears they will add some dirt to enlarge the existing jumps but that's it. No steel jumps.

The track is a lot of fun to ride but the dirt has been a joke. Hopefully they will make that a lot better.

no metal jumps - blimey it'll be like european supermoto

Must admit even though i've never had the chance to ride on a metal ramp i do think it makes the racing look better when there in. Although i'm not so sure about the little metal jumps out the corners that riders seat hop it looks like it stops the flow of the track a bit to me??? the metal tables look sweet though

Well, I have Tevo'd all of last years Supermoto races both AMA and the FIM/Euro races.

Obviously, they are very different, and marketed to a different crowd.

I personally like the Euro style of supermoto better, therefore I like the Road America track better than most of the other AMA tracks with the steel jumps.

I also like road racing better than MX/SX, which probably makes me a little different than most on this board. :naughty:

Well, I have Tevo'd all of last years Supermoto races both AMA and the FIM/Euro races.

Obviously, they are very different, and marketed to a different crowd.

I personally like the Euro style of supermoto better, therefore I like the Road America track better than most of the other AMA tracks with the steel jumps.

I also like road racing better than MX/SX, which probably makes me a little different than most on this board. :naughty:

weirdly here i prefer road racing to. Although my background before i started supermoto racing was motocross.

Although i think the metal ramps are real cool - although i did get into fmx a bit last summer so that mayb why