Sign in to follow this  

04-05 differences

I am planning on getting a new yz250f i can still get a 04 model but I was wondering what are the major differences between 04 and 05 models.would it be worth spending the extra bucks on a 05. thanks

the triple clamp and handle bars i know are different. i am not sure about the engine and suspension.

Engine is a little different, just a few tweaks here and there to squeek out a tiny more power, not worth spending the extra. However the suspension I hear is exellent and even the mags who are usually very peticular about suspension said you really dont even need a revalve just the right springs for your weight and it will be perfect. Some other TTers have said the 05 suspension is alot better then 04 and previous years. So, it comes down to suspension. Compare the difference in price between the 04 and 05 and the cost of the 04 + a revalve, if the 04 + revalve is still cheaper go with the 04. Know what I mean? Hope that helps.

Engine is a little different, just a few tweaks here and there to squeek out a tiny more power, not worth spending the extra. However the suspension I hear is exellent and even the mags who are usually very peticular about suspension said you really dont even need a revalve just the right springs for your weight and it will be perfect. Some other TTers have said the 05 suspension is alot better then 04 and previous years. So, it comes down to suspension. Compare the difference in price between the 04 and 05 and the cost of the 04 + a revalve, if the 04 + revalve is still cheaper go with the 04. Know what I mean? Hope that helps.

I just got an 05. Whlie this is my first bike, it soaks up everything. My quad bottoms out so much easier than this thing.