Radiator cap screw

Is there a good reason to reinstall the small crew in the radiator cap? My first impulse was to not reinstall this screw, but I thought I would ask others first. Do any of you reinstall this screw and why?

Thanks in advance.

Nope. On burned's advice mine is GONE.

Thanks. Burned said it. I believe it. So, mine will be gone too.

Then the new question quickly becomes: What do I do with all of these pieces I have removed from my S? Maybe I can donate them to a charity of my choice and take them off on my taxes. Ya, that’s it :naughty:

All my 'original' stuff is in a box in storage, just in case I ever sell the DRZ and the new owner is a numbskull and wants it.

That sounds like good advice.

I still have parts from my first Honda 100 from back in the 70s just in case. Wait a second. That makes me the Numskull.

It's a safety thing of course, but to undo the cap when the engine's hot would require a bit of a numskull, and as it's fairly inaccessible anyway I'd leave it off.

I resemble that remark.

I took a radiator cap off a 1978 Chrystler Cordoba in the middle of summer after I just drove it for an hour. Yeah, that one put me in the emergency room. I was 18, and yes, a numskull... what 18 year old isn't?