rear

i am looking for a new rear tyre at the moment i have a michelin ac10 100/100 after taking the 130 off the back that come brad new (03wr aus model) this tyre feels like i cant hook up im thinking to go 4 a 120 ac10 it has to be road legal what tyre are you running? what size? do you like it any help would be good thanx

Holy crap....your bike came with a 130 on it!! :naughty:

Yeh - who knows what bozo decided to run 130 rears on the OZ WRs, but they're rubbish and way too big.

Drop down to at least a 110 or even a 100, even if you are on the road a bit it wont make too much difference. Hooking up is more a function of the tread pattern than the width with these type of tyres - I think - and wouldnt go wider unless you really have to.

The Michellin tyre on the 03s is just a big balloon, waiting to pop on the first decent rock you hit - I learnt the hard way, 30kms into a ride near Mt Hotham put a 50mm tear in it!! The 04s come with a Dunlop enduro tyre on (still a 130), but better than the Michellin. Pirelli makes the best on/off street legal tyre from what I've seen, I think its the MT21 from memory but dont quote me.

Dont expect any of them to hook up like a motocross tyre will; I run a Bridgestone ED12 knobby and just try to rid a bit sensibly the brief times that I'm on the bitumen.

i think they have to have 130s on the back for adr compliance (dont know why) i went to a 100 but i just get to much wheelspin might try a 120 or 110

i think they have to have 130s on the back for adr compliance (dont know why) i went to a 100 but i just get to much wheelspin might try a 120 or 110 it needs to be road legal because i ride road trials were you have to "transport" on roads inbetween special tests