case saver

should i run the case saver and cover for the counter sprocket? i heard that if your chain derails that it will just rip the threads out of your cases and be more expensive than if it smashed your i think it is the stator cover (correct me if im wrong) what do u do plus when it is really muddy it just gets full of mud any way

take off the plastic cover but leave the metal piece to protect the case.

Thats exactly what I did when I rode my bike for the first time and found out how much mud got in it.

Fastway makes a pretty pimp looking anodized one.I got one in black!

Exactly. Why spend money on a case saver when you already have one. :naughty:

cause it looks kool...fool!

no when the chain derails it will pull the bolts that hold the "metal peice" there right out of the casing taking a big chunk of case with it costing you MORE that if it just hit your stator cover that is what i read in a australian magazine they said to run nothing any ideas??

I always felt that the case saver was used to keep the broken chain from binding up and cracking the transmission case. I coud care less about looks. I just don't want to crack the case!!!!!!

no when the chain derails it will pull the bolts that hold the "metal peice" there right out of the casing taking a big chunk of case with it costing you MORE that if it just hit your stator cover that is what i read in a australian magazine they said to run nothing any ideas??

This is important to know if true and I hope that some folks with real world chain break experience can give us some feedback. No theories just the facts.

I repeat, has anyone had bad chain break experiences with or without a casesaver?

mmm me too