Video San Rafael Swell TT Ride

This is some video of our ride last week in the San Rafael Swell, Utah. Coal Wash and Devil's Racetrack.

It's 44mb and about 11 minutes long. The first part is primarily Coal Wash and the end is some rocky sections on Devil's Racetrack.

Thanks to SteveMan123 for hosting the video.

Right Click and "Save Target As" to your computer.

http://jersey-riders.com/video/San%20Rafael%20Swell%202005.wmv

sweet video bro

great helmet vid,love ridin' those huge washes pinned in 4th or 5th

I took a real bad header in there last year on my WR426. Flipped the bike about 3-4 times and was a little out of it for a while.

At ocotillo wells we have a lot of washes like that, but they're quite a bit tighter. After the big storms we had here in socal, some of the "side trails" to cut across a zig-zag in the washes led to 3'-5' drop offs, which we had no idea about. The ground was super tacky, the trails were fresh, the terrain was tough and it was a blast =P That video reminds me of it.

Nice vid :naughty: That 300 hauls butt

the skeenery is absolutely gorgeous! thank you for posting this!

Excellent footage! I can almost hear my thumper dogging you in the background in the first part of the video. :naughty: Funny how video makes you look like you're going slower than you really are.

That 300 hauls butt

Yeah, it sure does! John set the pace through that wash with a top speed of 73mph on his 300 with me in tow on my WR450. :naughty:

That was great ! :naughty::naughty:

Very nice :naughty: ! How do you like your 300, been thinken bout getten one for a while now?

At ocotillo wells we have a lot of washes like that, but they're quite a bit tighter. After the big storms we had here in socal, some of the "side trails" to cut across a zig-zag in the washes led to 3'-5' drop offs, which we had no idea about. The ground was super tacky, the trails were fresh, the terrain was tough and it was a blast =P That video reminds me of it.

The drop off's you mention are exactly how I ate it last year. I went to go out and around one of my buddies and there was a section that was carved out about 2 feet deep. I hit it at about 50+ with the back wheel and tumbled. This wash is a lot of fun but there is some nasty stuff scattered throughout most of it. You really have to pay attention when you are going fast to avoid the holes and rocks.

Dave, I think in the full video I sent this morning, you can hear your bike. I should have made you go first so I could tape someone else ripping through there. I was also a little concerned with holding it WFO for too long on the long straights. I sure wouldn't want to seize way the hell out there.

So far, I love the 300 but it needs another gear. It suits my riding style a lot better than the 4-strokes and it's so much lighter than my WR426. I think the WR's suspension was a little better but the lighter weight lets me get away with more mistakes. Doesn't keep me from falling off ledges though, :naughty:.

John you sure were smoking through the big wash. :naughty: I hit 65 mph on most of the big straights and thought that was as fast as I could go and see obstacles and hang with Mark and Dan (CR500). Then the wind blasted up the canyon and filled my eyes with sand! :naughty: Next time I will pack googles for the canyon winds! :D

Great video vmax! :naughty:

You guy's have some amazing country over there. If you get the chance come over to New Zealand, our terrain is the complete opposite, lot's of grassland and bush (and luckily no huge mofo cliff's like you guys).

Once again great vid and I commend you on your riding ability. :naughty:

The terrain in Moab/San Rafael Utah is quite a bit different than what I'm used to here in Colorado but I love riding there. The rock is all embedded there so when you hit stuff it's pretty solid.

There was a big push a couple years ago to shut this place down and it just seems silly. It gets very little use, is in the middle of nowhere and the only way to get in there is by motorized access on a bike, atv or 4x4. I still can't figure out why the enviros are so hell bent on keeping us out. It's high desert and everytime it rains, the wash gets to the point that you'd never even know a vehicle came through.

Indy, the weird thing is that like Ddialogue said we are really hauling but it just doesn't seem like we are going that fast. The helmet cam really doesn't do the ride justice. Mine is a 380 line and I'm not sure if a 480 would make any difference or not?

I still need to do a short video of Hell's Revenge and put that up too.

Nice riding. After the vid I noticed how much I myself had been riding along,

looking for an opportunity to pass the WR... huh, good work! :naughty:

Thanks heaps, it was great to see some of the trails that you have in the US compared to us in Australia.

I loved it when you got past the yammie, even though you were on a KTM, orange is close to red.

Looks fun!! :naughty:

Thanks heaps, it was great to see some of the trails that you have in the US compared to us in Australia.

I loved it when you got past the yammie, even though you were on a KTM, orange is close to red.

The red bike I pass 3rd is a Service Honda CR500AF. I'm kicking myself for not asking for a ride on that thing.

Nice video, thanks for sharing. I like the high speed sand washes from time to time. :naughty: