Sign in to follow this  

Sikk107 review

OK I haven't had much time to ride but have about 8 hours on it. 6 hours of forrest riding and the rest just playing around in front of the house. My friend has about the same time on his. First the problems: My chain guide did not line up and rubbed the chain on the side. After looking at both our bikes we found the mount on the swing arm is not welded on strait. Had to bend it for a fix. My rear brake adjusting screw vibrated loose and caused the rear brake to overheat from dragging. Quick fix no other problems with it. My buddy had a oil seal/plug just above the counter shaft sprocket pop out and leak oil. Also a quick fix. He said he has a problem with popping out of gear, but mine does not. He has big feet so he thinks it could just be him. Next time we go hes going to ride mine and see if it still happens. My only problem with the trans is its hard to find neutral with the motor running. Not much of a problem if you ask me. Other than that the bikes have been great. Fun to ride and lots of power. I just ordered a 12in rear rim and spokes to lift up the rear some. It does sit too high in front. I may change the gearing sometime in the future. Right now first is a bit too low. Also I plan to ditch the key and install a kill button. I'm really happy with it. I think it was a good deal.

Make sure you take out the Chinese oil and do not put in Synthetic. This is what I was told by a Large dealer of these bikes. Make sure you also check the spokes and all bolts to make sure the were tightened at the factory.I have one and love the power.The chain comes tight from the factory and needs to be loosened.

I'm looking forward to getting the new sikk125cc in May. it's out now I guess. The sikk is a nice bike, I rode the 107 at the dealership side by side with the SDG and the Sikk has much better welds. and the frame is said to be stronger. :naughty: The only thing the sikk needs is to be re-geared. from its stock 39 to a 35.

I had a nice talk with Atom Rotten from RottenInc and he had some great info, and was a good guy. He will be the guy I buy from in May.

These bikes are great.

Brian,

You can't go wrong with dealing with Atom. I bought 2 bikes from him. He is always there when I had questions and gave me the help I needed. I'm very happy with the service from Rotten,Inc.

yea these bieks seem awsome im getting mine on saturday hopefully , and will probably evntually be getting the 12 inch rear wheel

Are you sure the 125 has a 39 rear because mine came with a 41 I was going to try a 39, My bike came with a 14t & 41 rear. I was going to try a 15t counter but all I could find that fits is for a 428 chain and mine has a 420.

Make sure you take out the Chinese oil and do not put in Synthetic. This is what I was told by a Large dealer of these bikes. Make sure you also check the spokes and all bolts to make sure the were tightened at the factory.I have one and love the power.The chain comes tight from the factory and needs to be loosened.

Why wouldnt you run synthetic?

Just curious..

I always make sure it's wet clutch safe and it hasnt been an issue yet. I'm running Motul 5100 in my 107 right now..

I really don't want to be a ball-buster, but I just bought my Sik 107 less than a month ago and it has been nothing but little nuances of a head-ache. Lots of little things like mentioned on this thread. However, Jimi D seems to stand by his stuff and has gotten me the following when I called or emailed:

Tell your buddy that his bike is popping in and out of gear because the clutch cables need to be adjusted at the bottom behind the plate; you run out of room on the lever, almost like they made the cables too long. It popped into gear the first day I had it and almost sent me into the middle of the street and traffic!

Use loc-tite on the pit-coks or they will leak, I have gone thru 3 of them. Particularly the screw closest to the handlebars underneath. I just got a new gas tank yesterday and so far so good, we'll see to their credit they did get it right out to me and I will be sending the original one back in good faith and business.

The chain set-up is way too restrictive for this bike and there needs to be some sort of detailed manual for us "challenged' mechanic types to adjust such things. The bikes seem to run great, but the MOST IMORTANT thing I would suggest is check and tighten EVERYTHINg (nuts, screws, spokes, etc)when you change the oil BEFORE you ever take even a quick ride. This could save you all of the head-aches I've encountered.

Overall I would say these bikes for the price delivered to your door are still worth every penny. They are virtually identical to the SDG but obviously less money. Jimi D has been very cordial on the phone and seems to make an effort to stand by the product. I STILL don't have my clutch problem remedied and the bike only goes in neutral after it is shut off, so that is ghetto, but one of these days when all of the litle stuff is fixed, I'm sure it will rip....fingers crossed.