Time to step it up.

Bumped from Beginner to Novice...

I have the speed, just no cojones to do some of the jumps...not to metion the confidence after breaking both ankles last year.

A happy and a sad day.

Maybe I will take some riding lessons from a local pro and go from there.

Sorry for the boring story, I guess the engineer in me likes brevity!

If you wanna get really good then you should do the Donnie Hansen camp. He has a camp were you can go to his place for a week in colorado, or you can do a Three or two day camp at one of your local tracks. He is one of the best in the country!!!

Junior rides all offroad stuff and natural MX. His motto is "Air is for planes". He gets no thrill out of tail whips or clearing distances. Now in the woods, he will jump a 60ft stream bed and land in between 2 trees - 3ft apart...go figure.

Confidence is the key. Maybe find a fast guy that you can tag along with for a day or two. Do the jumps with him at his speed. Actually when I am at a track, I will rarely jump by myself but once a few guys get going then I follow and get my sights set.

Junior gets himself up to the task the same way he rides with a few guys and gets his nerve up and then he does well, it is we just do not ride that stuff enough. Junior asked me to add a few nice jumps to our grass track so as soon as the weather breaks it will be done. He feels he just needs to spend a weekend and everynight after school just playing and learning his timing.

goodluck and play safe.

Junior rides all offroad stuff and natural MX. His motto is "Air is for planes". He gets no thrill out of tail whips or clearing distances. Now in the woods, he will jump a 60ft stream bed and land in between 2 trees - 3ft apart...go figure.

Confidence is the key. Maybe find a fast guy that you can tag along with for a day or two. Do the jumps with him at his speed. Actually when I am at a track, I will rarely jump by myself but once a few guys get going then I follow and get my sights set.

Junior gets himself up to the task the same way he rides with a few guys and gets his nerve up and then he does well, it is we just do not ride that stuff enough. Junior asked me to add a few nice jumps to our grass track so as soon as the weather breaks it will be done. He feels he just needs to spend a weekend and everynight after school just playing and learning his timing.

goodluck and play safe.

Damn I wish you were my dad! Of course I'm 36 so that would make you a real geezer. :naughty:

Damn I wish you were my dad! Of course I'm 36 so that would make you a real geezer. :cry:

:D

When I ride with Junior, I feel like a geezer at 43 :naughty: I did savor and video the days when I chased him around on his 85..yelling lets go and teaching him to run me down and pass... Now all I do is :D...that was only 4 years ago. :naughty:

Really though the way he learned to go so well in the woods was just practice every day and having fun at it. He learned alot from guys like Tony D and Bailey. The basics are the important part and the easy part was he had no bad habits. No one showed me the right way to corner or hit a jump...I just did it, crashed, listened to my dad bitch about the broken bike and the trips to the ER, and I did it over and over trying to get it right .... I still suck at alot of stuff along with dumb habits that the kid yells at me about all the time :D

Moto

take it one step at a time. Keep it fun. If you never did a school then do it, as you may be suprised at what you have been doing.

:D

When I ride with Junior, I feel like a geezer at 43 :naughty: I did savor and video the days when I chased him around on his 85..yelling lets go and teaching him to run me down and pass... Now all I do is :naughty:...that was only 4 years ago. :D

Dad died when I was 8 so I missed all that stuff. I'm cool with it but I really wish I didn't wait so long to start riding. I rode a lot as a teenager with my uncle who had a KDX200 and a KX125 but not nearly as often as I wished.

I am going to do a Donnie Hansen camp. Everyone that has done one praises him and his camps.

Two words, Jay Whipple, he is the best trainer i've ever worked with. i moved up no too long ago and with his help i think i will go intermediate by next season

Have you ever been to a Donnie Hansen camp? I am sure Jay Whipple is great, however I haven't heard of him.

I did a search and found 2Fast Motcross School. It doesnt look like it has anything in California. Are they only in Washington?