You know you're addicted to riding when....

You know when you're addicted to riding when:

1. You are driving down the highway/road and you're scoping out the terrain on the side of the highway for huge jumps, berms etc. thinking how cool it would be to hit them.

2. It rains to the point of a flood and the next day you drive to the track thinking it's gonna be dry enough for some practice even though you're 95% sure it's not gonna be possible.

3. You have some trouble sleeping at night because all you can think about is the triple that you just made last weekend for the first time and how cool it was.

4. When you can't ride due to weather or injury, you go out in the garage where your bike is only to find out that there is nothing else to fix or shine and decide to sit on your bike just for the hell of it.

Am I the only obsessed racer here?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Done that since I was five didnt start riding till 12

2. And I wait in the parking lot while the sun shines

3. Its a double for me

4. I bent my triangle :|

I have had more motorcycles in the past 10 years than can remember but I havent had any girl friends. I actually find rear knobbies arousing. No Im not obsessed.

1. You are driving down the highway/road and you're scoping out the terrain on the side of the highway for huge jumps, berms etc. thinking how cool it would be to hit them.

Am I the only obsessed racer here?

and while scoping out various types of terrain while driving you suddenly go......"BBBRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHPPPPP" . This is all fine when you are alone in your vehicle or in the company of other "brrrrrrrrahhpppppppping" individuals.

Gotta learn to use the inside voice when travelling in vehicles with people who do not ride. Sometimes you just can't help it.................

:naughty:

When you have more that 5 bikes because your goal is to have one for each day of the week.

When you wake up in the morning and its rainning cats and dogs. You think, man what a great day to ride the bike to work. And you mean it!!!!

I didnt know one couldnt ride due to weather???? When did this come around? Someone forgot to tell MEEEEE!!!

Sir Hayden

94 XRL

84 Sportster

02 BMW Dakar 650

03 BMW 1100s BCR

01 Honda 929RR

74 Honda 125 XL

When you have more that 5 bikes because your goal is to have one for each day of the week.

When you wake up in the morning and its rainning cats and dogs. You think, man what a great day to ride the bike to work. And you mean it!!!!

I didnt know one couldnt ride due to weather???? When did this come around? Someone forgot to tell MEEEEE!!!

Sir Hayden

94 L

LOL LOL LOL I agree totally....a WET day riding is MUCH better than a DRY day driving! People at work think I'm an idiot, and maybe they are right, but I don't rightly care!!!

Of course it does make the start of the day miserable if I don't have extra clothes at work.....ah well, the sacrifices we make, eh?

well #1 and #4 from the first post are me all the way.....ever since my very first dirt bike I've always scoped out the land on a ride. In fact I used to ride around and if I saw a nice field with some hills and what not I would say...that would make a nice dirt bike track. LOL

Out riding all day, get loaded up and on the way home you see a natural jump and decide to unload, gear up and hit it......Even though you just rode 70 pluse miles of single track and you have to siphon gas from the truck just so you can ride more....

SERIOUS ADDICT HERE! I got the four year old trained to look for trails to ride too. He says " look at the trail Dad" I complement him on the great find. Only four more daze till the banner drops on another desert race! WOOHOO come on Sunday

LOL!! I can't take my son Anywhere without him sizing up the hills to either side of the truck!

He is one addicted dirt kid! And I wouldn't have it any other way!

:naughty::D:naughty::D

I have had more motorcycles in the past 10 years than can remember but I havent had any girl friends. I actually find rear knobbies arousing. No Im not obsessed.

Peas in a pod you and I. :naughty:

One serious GF, Im now 24 and could care less. My GF is a new, blue YZ250 and she is fast and furious. :D New knobbies are good, but Im a bigger fan of trick suspension and engine/exhaust package deals. Steering stabalizers are hot too... Am I a freak??

Long bus rides were great, I was always riding along side the highway on my bike. Or at least I thought I was.... :naughty:

Here in Mississippi the clay when wet is impossible to ride in at the track along with the poor drainage! Absolutely no traction at all. I tried to do it last week and I couldn't even get enough speed to roll up and over a small table. Like riding on ice with no spikes in the tires.

im all the above.. i hafe too be eating ,sleeping, watching or working riding on bikes all the time.. im always looking at the side off the road for jumps thinking man how fast could i hit that ... yep my bike is my g/f she lets my ride here anytime i want too.. dont complain but ever now and then she will bite u in the butt if your not treating her right :naughty:

LOL!! I can't take my son Anywhere without him sizing up the hills to either side of the truck!

I do this all the time during my commute to work.

I'm always checking out the hills that overlook HW 101 on my way into San Ho.

Most of them are do-able, but the problem is that they've all been open to cattle grazing at one time or another, and are now "stair-cased" all the way up, where the cattle have worn ledges into the hillsides while grazing them. These ledges would greatly increase the difficulty in climbing any of the monster hill climbs. :naughty:

Sometimes I also fantasize about how I'd cut single-track trails into them, to get the highest fun factor. :naughty:

I've pointed out the window and said to my wife many times on car trips, out of the blue: "I could climb that hill on my dirt bike, babe." Half the time I'm lying my azz off, just to see if she'll look at me adoringly and say, "No way, could you really climb that?" I've think I said it too many times though, because now she just rolls her eyes and says, "Yeah, right!".

Agree with a lot here. My wife thinks I need to be admitted.

I think jumping the inbankment on the side of a bridge is a very doable table top.

I've been riding hwy landscape in my mind for years. I thought I was the only one.