ATVs are Good for Us...

I've seen a LOT of lame posts and opinions bithchin' about the ATV folks.

Do we EVER stop to consider some of THE MORONS on dirt-bikes that screw things for all of us?

Riding where they shouldn't.

Runnin' that YZ-F with the Way Too Loud race pipe out in the Forrest!

Here's a brutal fact:

At last count, ATVs out-sold dirt-bikes by a 4:1 margin.

Those in the industry that follow such facts are advising that the #s will probably reflect 6:1 at next count.

Don't you think we should be gettin' "Allied" with all these "New" off-road folk and start using these #s to our advantage...like say...

ON LAND-USE ISSUES!

Or should we just sit around and continue our Lame-A$$ bithchin'?

Make friends...make a difference.

Get these folks to join the AMA, Blue-Ribbon Coalition, CORVA....help them, show them how to be "Responsible".

Get it?

Manny

BTW, thanks to ATVs...my Dad became an "Off-Roader" at age 61!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I whole heartedly agree. I got started on a YZ125, and actually sold that to buy a 4X4 Yamaha Big Bear 4 wheeler. I now see that I was an idiot for making such a trade, but I'm glad I did. I had good time with that quad. There certainly are more quad riders than Bike riders, we need to combine forces and keep this sport alive!

Don't you think we should be gettin' "Allied" with all these "New" off-road folk and start using these #s to our advantage...like say...

ON LAND-USE ISSUES!

Or should we just sit around and continue our Lame-A$$ bithchin'?

i do both. i work alot with the local atv club on land-use stuff here. of course 98% of the reason we have land-use problems is because of dorks on atv's, so i would still like to confiscate the atv's and put all the owners in concentration camps (right this way, it's only a shower).

while we were having a nice relaxing ride through 5 miles of hell last week, a 68 yr old riding buddy of mine said "i'm not so hard on atv's anymore. in another 20-30 years i might be so old that's all i can ride." :naughty:

The good thing is, they almost always stay on the main access road, or the green trails, and are too afraid to venture beyond their comfort level... :D
So true... but last week there were three goons on green quads. One of them went off the ledge about 20 feet down on Olive Orchard trail. They're just standing there... t-shirts, jeans and NOT WEARING HELMETS trying to figure out what to do!!!

:D:naughty::D:naughty:

Its true, ATVs outsell bikes by at least 4:1. The problem, here at least, is that all these quad dudes just buy them and ride. Never take safety classes, many never bother with helmets, and they sure as hell never get organized enough to operate their own riding area. They figure its easier to cut the fence and break into our MX track. We find them, no helmets, riding the track backwards and stopping on the backside of jumps for no reason. Ususally there's a case of beer strapped to the rack as well. I should take some pictures of our gate. When they couldn't pick the lock, they just smashed one gate arm off completely and rove over the still locked gate. The remaining arm is bent and the whole left side is destroyed. Sleds and quads. That was their last chance at EVER gaining any kind of association with the local MXers, and they blew it handily.

Yeah they sold more! They are easier to ride then bikes and have more uses than bikes.

Dirtbikes= Racing or trail riding

Quads= Racing,trail riding,hunting,farmwork,etc.........

I have no problems with them where i ride! :naughty:

I bet harley's outsell other cruisers 4:1 also, but you'll never see me buying one because everyone else is.

That's not even a legit stat. That's like saying everyone else is doing it, why aren't you?

Let's talk more about the morons on dirtbikes. What else do you have besides

Riding where they shouldn't.

and

Runnin' that YZ-F with the Way Too Loud race pipe out in the Forrest!

Quads are still gay.

A repost from earlier today on another thread but it still fits:

OMG that finally explains why my two quads are constantly trying to mount one another. To be honest I have no one to blame but my self… When I noticed my first quad looking a little depressed during the week I thought well I guess it would be ok to get another – I mean how much more work could it be… then came the tough choice – that cute little girl quad or the playful male…. Being fearful of having a litter of quads and being apposed to “de-nutting” my first quad, I opted to get the playful male. Shortly after this I noticed odd noises coming from the garage at night and then one early spring morning I cought the two of them, well lets just say it was not pretty.

Thanks to you billbro I now know it was likely my fault, being that I did introduce them. Next time I will be more careful in my quad selection.

and heres another: Crap! Not only do I ride quads, but I am also from California that’s like a double whammy or something. Oh wait, I also sponsor a guy who rides quads, so now not only do I have those other strikes against me but I am also a shameless promoter of activities for lazy, fat, gay off road enthusiasts from California – Well I guess I should tell this guys mom that her son might be a lesbian: http://www.fakeracing.com/galleries.../Screamn_Melons

Now just one question remains to be answered.... where do you guys get those cute White hoods you all ware at your 2-wheels only meetings?

I'm just glad I got out of florida when I did. The number of gay quads in that area have tripled in the past year. That's how the rainbow flag became associated with gays. A lot of these quad guys would talk about each others flags and how pretty they were, next thing you know these guy's were hooking up and combining flags; thus, the rainbow flag. And I thought it was just Florida, the gay quads must spread quickly, this would explain the 4:1 quads to bike purchases.

Funny you should mention that, I checked back with the guy that I bought my second quad from and he admitted that the quad was originally smuggled in from Florida via the rainbow railroad – when I asked if he knew of others, the line suddenly went dead and I have been unable to get a hold of him ever since.