Sign in to follow this  

Touring on an XRL 650

Well I picked up an XRL here a while back. I am thinking about taking it on a Week long trip. I usually tour on my BMW 650 Dakar or 1100S but want to try the XRL this year. I may do some long hauls though. I mean 500+ mile days droaning on the highway. Aside from it being a dirt bike and dealing with the wind, will the XRL complain about the long hwy miles? I hope to keep the riding to back roads and hwys but the interstate will be a must in someplaces. Anyone Tour on there XRL????? Its not uncommon for me to do 3-5K in a week or 10 days on a trip.

Sir Hayden

94 L

My 650L was great on the freeways. It cruised right along at 65-70. Tires will be the big factor. If you're gonna spend that much road time, I'd use something like the stock tires. Any dualsport knobby will buzz you crazy. The seat kinda hurts after a while too, it's the same shape front to rear and you cant change the contact points on your ass. Sounds like fun though!

Bike came with a corbin :D

Hayden

94 L

my arse is jealous... 2 saddle hours and I am crying like a wee little girl.... :naughty::D

I find long hauls a wee bit uncomfy but thats only because I have MT's mounted, with a less aggressive tire (Karoo?) it would be fine, ride her dirt track style.. hand down on the shock! :naughty: