Sign in to follow this  

Another future statistic?

You can't protect people from themselves. That's the government's job and they hate competition! :naughty:

Har! So true, Mi Hijo!

Sounds like Darwin already has an appointment with this dude.

At least he'll look cool going down, until his wife or kid has to identify him.

I just don't get it. Why would you not at least wear a damn helmet?

Sounds like Darwin already has an appointment with this dude.

Unfortunately, it sounds like he's already reproduced.

I asked if he took the MSF class, nope (he's deciding if he should take it :D ).

What do ya do? :naughty::D

The most productive thing you can do is nag him to take the MSF class. And remind him that he'll have to take the Beginner Class on the little 250s if he doesn't have a helmet to wear. I don't know if a learner's permit is enough to take the Experienced Ridercourse, but for sure you need your own helmet, license and insurance.

You should be able to goad him into taking the MSF class, and they'll take care of a lot of the rest about basic rider education and explaining some of the risks. You can even ask him a tough riding question each day until he gets the clue that the class is useful. Like, "You're riding on a road with one lane each way, following a bus, approaching an intersection with cars waiting in both directions. What lane position do you choose?" :naughty: You can even up the ante by asking him his daily riding quiz question while he's at his desk, and you can admire the pictures of his kids and make nice comments about them while he's thinking up his answer -- "Boy those sure are cute kids, how old are they now again?"

My son and I taking the MSF course this weekend :naughty:

He has his heart set on a street bike for the summer and the only way I will consider it is by him passing the course and signing up for the advanced !

I have ridden street for over 25 years but figure it is never too late to learn. At least I will have more things to bug him about when he starts riding on the road :naughty::D

Sounds like you should just nag him to boost his life insurance, so that his kids can be taken care of when he's gone.

Show him this thread too.

riding on the road without a helmet..eek

i'd rather look a bit dorky then be dead, for now anyways:)

Tell him helmets are the cool thing now. All the kids are doing it.

Say the msf course may lower his insurance, maybe offer to take it with him so he doesn't feel like a noob. We all could always use a refresher course.

I plan to ask him about it every time I see him, which is about 3 or 4 times a day. I figure he'll either get tired of me doing that and get real or he'll quit working there...

My son and I taking the MSF course this weekend :D

He has his heart set on a street bike for the summer and the only way I will consider it is by him passing the course and signing up for the advanced !

I have ridden street for over 25 years but figure it is never too late to learn. At least I will have more things to bug him about when he starts riding on the road :naughty::naughty:

I think that the Beginner and Advanced Ridercourses are pretty similar, so taking the Advanced after the Beginner may not be very worthwhile. The main difference is that you get to ride your own bike in the Advanced class. Talk to the instructor some about it at the Beginner class. Have fun riding with your son!!