2nd Annual SE TT'r gathering

All right you SE TT'rs lets get the ball rolling. Its time for another get together ? and we (get that, not I :naughty: ) need to going. Here's what needs to be done:

1. Decide on a place to gather - 1st Annual event was at Durhamtown (I personally would like to try some other place so start throwing the ideas out and remember to think that we have people in MS, AL, FL GA, SC, NC to be cosiderate of in terms of travel and the lodging needs of those folks).

2. Who is going to pull it all together? - DonO is "not the Mama"!!!! :naughty: this time unless there is just "no one" capable of doing the job :D .

3. Bring some dates to the table - Once again being considerate with those that have kids.

4. Once a rough date is decided a list needs to be generated (DonO can be first on the list since he has 200+ hrs of vacation to use up :D )

Don :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

the only place I know of is DP but I'm up for another get together. Anybody know of places where we can ride and camp? My vacation time is limited but hey I can swing it some how.

just did a Google search and these are some of the things I found.

South Carolina

Location Name: Spartan Exchange

Type of Riding Place: Trails

Location (closest city): Spartanburg, SC USA

Details: Spartan Exchange was going to be a business park at one time, but it never happened. Then on the river down there they dug a huge lake for a water resevour and filled it up and it was going on peoples land so they had to drain it. There are about 10 miles of single track trails, dirt roads, mud holes, power lines, and a river to ride in. All together it`s probably 100 acres. Every weekend there lot`s of Quads, Motorcycles, and Mtn. bikes. I don`t know how long people are going to get to ride there, but it`s 1/99 and I`ve known people riding there for about the past 7 yrs..

How to get there:On I-85 get off on Hwy. 29 going towards Spartanburg. Turn left on to the frontage rd. on the north bound of I-85. As you go down the frontage rd. you will pass a trucking terminal on your left. Just keep going until you cross a bridge over some rail road tracks and park where you can find a spot in the gravel area in front of the fenced in power trance former thing.

For more Information contact: N/A - Phone: N/A

Submitted by: Mike - Knobiwhel@aol.com

Date Submitted: 1/6/1999

North Carolina

Location Name:Brown Mountian OHV area

Type of Riding Place:

Location (closest city): located about 20 miles north of Morganton, NC.

Details: There is about 40 miles worth of trials in the Pisgah National Forest. ATV's, dirtbikes and some trails allow 4x4's. The OHV area is about 5 miles east on the left. Fee is $5 by honor system. Some of the trails are one way because they are too narrow for two-way traffic.

How to get there: Take 181 north from Morganton; turn right on Brown Mountain Beach Road.

For more Information contact: Grandfather Ranger District Phone: (828) 652-2144.

Submitted by:

Date Submitted: 4/6/2000

South Carolina

Location Name: Spartan Exchange

Type of Riding Place: Trails

Location (closest city): Spartanburg, SC USA

Details: Spartan Exchange was going to be a business park at one time, but it never happened. Then on the river down there they dug a huge lake for a water resevour and filled it up and it was going on peoples land so they had to drain it. There are about 10 miles of single track trails, dirt roads, mud holes, power lines, and a river to ride in. All together it`s probably 100 acres. Every weekend there lot`s of Quads, Motorcycles, and Mtn. bikes. I don`t know how long people are going to get to ride there, but it`s 1/99 and I`ve known people riding there for about the past 7 yrs..

How to get there:On I-85 get off on Hwy. 29 going towards Spartanburg. Turn left on to the frontage rd. on the north bound of I-85. As you go down the frontage rd. you will pass a trucking terminal on your left. Just keep going until you cross a bridge over some rail road tracks and park where you can find a spot in the gravel area in front of the fenced in power trance former thing.

For more Information contact: N/A - Phone: N/A

Submitted by: Mike - Knobiwhel@aol.com

Date Submitted: 1/6/1999

:naughty::naughty::D

Been posted (No Tresspassing) for a while. Don't get caught. There were a few little places like this around, but trust me, it isn't a TT ride. They're little evening ride places.

North Carolina

Location Name:Brown Mountian OHV area

This is where we just rode.

You might check out Parson's Mountain & Cedar Springs in SC. They have camping right near there too! Not mountainous, but hilly. Just better hope its dry...

http://sctrails.net/Trails/ALLTRAILS/MC_ATV/mc_atv.html

As you can see, that's about it for SC trails.

I also vote for Brown Mt. It is not too bad to ride on five minutes after a rain storm. It has a few camp spots and Brown Mt. Beach (a private) camping area on the river is about three miles away. Brown has something for every skill level.

Is there anything good around Atlanta, GA? Just wondering, since that may be the most universal location, if there are people coming from all those states. Brown sure did work well though! I love that place :naughty:

Yeah, just North of Atlanta is Houston Valley ORV. $5.00 a day with camping on site (some), lodging in LaFayeete Ga. & Dalton Ga. Not far off I75. 25 mi. of 2 way trails but can get pretty crowded on weekends. There are no hook ups for campers so it's pretty much pioneer camping. It is a good place to ride though. Just an idea.

Hardrock is a good second place to durhamtown. It's a far second, but it's a whole lot closer.

The trail is good and has some decent elevation changes. The tracks are decent as well, they range from beginner to difficult. The roller coaster track will absolutely make you squeal like a little girl if you havent ever ridden down a hill before. :naughty: