Sign in to follow this  

Unthawed jumps unstable now because..........

Now that the ground has unthawed and dried up I decided it was time to go outside and do some landscaping work :naughty:

I was working on the landing and noticed these holes..........The side of the landing is full of them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/MxJeWeL/jumptunnels.jpg

Closer inspection found this little b******!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/MxJeWeL/jumpbunny.jpg

And where there is one there is sure to be more. I stuck my arm in one of the holes and never found an end. The rabbits have turned the landing into a BUNNY CONDO. What to do.............??? If I ever find out who dumped their prego pet rabbit outside...:naughty: No wonder there has been Bobcat hanging around lately........ :D

Thats one mean ass bunny to dig a hole that big, better be careful sticking your hand down those holes. lol

Get a trap and set them free somewhere else like a nation forest or a local park :naughty:

There is a National Forest (Crown Land) behind my house and setting them free up there will not work. The area already has native snowshoe hares and the released domestic rabbits are driving the natives away.......someone set the parent free somewhere around here and it took up residence in my jump landing and GAVE BIRTH!!!!!. SPCA will not take them and neither will a couple of the other rescue organizations I just called.....:naughty:

Set them free, while you at it why don't you plant some trees in the middle of your triple and designate it a national forest.

The only real way to get rid of all the rabbits is to cover the holes with smoldering material (usually wood) and try smoking them out of there. This will either kill them by creating a situation in which there is an oxygen shortage, or they will flee the burrow where you can A. shoot them, or B. let me run off only to come back a week later.

Cheers.

Set them free, while you at it why don't you plant some trees in the middle of your triple and designate it a national forest.

The only real way to get rid of all the rabbits is to cover the holes with smoldering material (usually wood) and try smoking them out of there. This will either kill them by creating a situation in which there is an oxygen shortage, or they will flee the burrow where you can A. shoot them, or B. let me run off only to come back a week later.

Cheers.

If I plant trees in the middle of the jump will you hit it.....:naughty:

The bobcat will be back tonight...........I think that is what has been making the hole openings so big, I was just outside again and noticed chunks fur scattered around....

I will try to smoke them out and then fill the holes........Thanks for the suggestion. That is better than suffocating them with dirt....

Lawn chair, 12-guage, and a stew pot. Invite your buddies over and drop a flare down some of those hole...stew.

Lawn chair, 12-guage, and a stew pot. Invite your buddies over and drop a flare down some of those hole...stew.

Somehow, I don't think the GIRLS will be into that......I am not, but maybe I should call up the boyz.........

thats dumb the spca will not take them!! i guess just try and catch him and drive a few miles away and dump him off somewhere!!

Wabbit Stew! huh huh huh huh huh!!!

C'meh you wasscuway wabbit!!

elmer%20fudd.jpg

That's the first thing that I thought of when I saw the rabbit......."Save the JUMPBUNNY" or it will forever be entombed in dirt.........:naughty:

There was a downpour a couple hours ago and water was pouring out of the sides of the landing......the rain flushed them out. They are cute little buggers though.....