Sign in to follow this  

Homebrewed Dual sport barkbuster mod, what do y'all think?

I had the UFO Oklahoma handguards with integrated signals and after a little over a year of abuse the met with a tragic end. They lasted much longer that I thought they would that was certain.

Anyway, I replaced them with the Moose Racing barkbusters and racing shields. I wanted signals, even though they are not required so I looked around till I found some that seemed to fit the bill. Here are a few pics. check my garage for more details.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=3722

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=3723

And yes. I know my bike is dirty. :naughty:

Nice! I've got the same kind of signals but mounted mine on my headlight shroud.

the really cool thing about this set up is that the LED lights are a one piece unit, so they are pretty tough. The moose guards flex, so the flap I mounted to, has kind of a "break away" effect. Which should make them less likly to get crush when bashing through the trees.

Thanx to all that gave me the thums up. Hopefully I've given you guys some ideas, with some of my goofy mods and ideas. :naughty:

Looks pretty good, Wolf...are they LED? Your bike ain't dirty...just well used. The Moose bars are hell for stout. I use the Maier and they are very similar. I may make my front signals go away with this approach. Have the rears tucked-in about as close as I can ge 'em. :naughty:

That is a pretty nice setup. I am always looking for new mods and ideas. That is a good one. How much were the blinkers and how did the other sit on there. I like it! :naughty:

I like them. How much faster do they flash than stock?

what I thought about doing was some of those flush mounts IV. The ones that sit flat. Placing those on the sides of my headlight shroud. Anyone ever do anything like this?

they blink a little faster than stock, but thats easy to fix with an electronic flasher or some resistors.

hey, you stole my byline on my bike...someone call a cop. :naughty:

they blink a little faster than stock, but thats easy to fix with an electronic flasher or some resistors.

hey, you stole my byline on my bike...someone call a cop. :naughty:

LOL :naughty: Sorry about that.... I didnt even realise it. I think that I have fixed it now. Check it out :D