Here is another video of me hitting a Kicker.

hey dude. nice video. did u build the kicker or if not where did u get it? i have been wanting 2 try hitting one for a while. how long have u been workin on hitting it?

I built a smaller one a few years ago, this one here. But it shot you straight up instead of distance.

Here are some pics.

kicker1.jpg

kicker2.jpg

kicker3.jpg

These were the old ones. I'll see if I can find any new ones.

My friend is a welder, he made them for me.

-=Dave

http://www.motochat.com

if it took me this long to hit the kicker, imaging how long for the backflip. But sometimes I just feel like going for it.

Very nice jump and I admire your enthusiasm! Before you "go for it" on a back-flip attempt, look at all the guys that landed on their heads when back-flips were first being pursued. I'll bet most FMX'ers now learn back-flips into foam pits. That's the only way to learn them without risking a crash that could ruin your whole day. :naughty:

That's really cool, man. How do you know how fast you're supposed to take it the first time? I'd pee my panties.

not sure if he did it this way, but the first time i ever jumped a ramp it was at around 20ft and i just kept moving it back farther and farther, and i asked earlier but, where in cali do you live?

Pretty cool. You look controled in the air. The only thing that would stop me from doing that is the sharp tipped landing mound, it's also a little short. Maybe it's the camera but to me it looks like 'get it right' or case the jump or land on the ground if you go a little too far. I'd smooth out the top and try to make the face a longer incline so you don't have to be so accurate.

Either way. I envy you for building that yourself and doing it :naughty: I'm 35 now and getting crazier the older I get it seems.

John

I'd smooth out the top and try to make the face a longer incline so you don't have to be so accurate.

freestyle landings have to be steep or the impact will hurt too bad coming down from that height :naughty: i would have actually made it a little steeper and taller

One question...where did you get all the dirt for that landing?

try calling pool companies and asking if they have any left over dirt you can have or try http://freedirt.com/

not sure if he did it this way, but the first time i ever jumped a ramp it was at around 20ft and i just kept moving it back farther and farther, and i asked earlier but, where in cali do you live?

That ramp is at a friends house in Fontana.

We started at about 10 feet and moved it back a bit.

You don't know how fast to go, you let your friends go first then you see what they are doing wrong. :naughty:

-=Dave

http://www.motochat.com