1. 1. Are you an AMA member?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's that?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have to be crazy not to be. aside from racing, motorcyclists are ignored when it comes to both ohv and transportation policy. the only way to stand up and be counted is to join the ama. its not perfect but its all we got.

you have to be crazy not to be. aside from racing, motorcyclists are ignored when it comes to both ohv and transportation policy. the only way to stand up and be counted is to join the ama. its not perfect but its all we got.

Well said.

I am not yet, but I plan to be this summer, I plan to start racing hare scrambles with my friend. I am going to have to join AMA and NETRA I believe.

Thats how I become a member, this year my hare scramble series became AMA sanctioned, and I had to join.

The AMA funds many lawsuits defending the rights of those of us who ride the dirt as well. The AMA is working hard on health care discrimination against motorcyclists. Would you ride if your health insurance didn't cover an accident? Many would not. In my opinion, you should join both the Blue Ribbon Coalition and the AMA if you want to continue to ride. Call it cheap insurance.

I'll be joining the ama once I get my new wr250f, I plan to ride the bike with my cousin off-road, and practice differant trail types. I want to race enduro's and the like, and I know you have to be an ama member to do that.

This is so cool.. I've been thinking for the last two days to ask why there isn't a 'join the AMA' button on the site.. I don't know if that's cool with the AMA or if anyone else has it on theirs.. but I thought it would be groovy.

It's 1-800-AMA-JOIN or www.AMADirectlink.com

I personally think the monthly 'American Motorcyclist' magazine is almost worth the dues by itself. Add in their legislation, it's a win-win. :naughty:

(and they don't beg for more money cuz it's the end of the world every week like the NRA used to do with me.. :naughty:

End of Commercial..

Absolutly, I am a member of the AMA, D36 and the Blue Ribbon Coalition... Both the AMA and the BRC have full time legislative advocates fighting for our right to ride every day. Cheap insurance for those who want to ride in the future...