Maxxis IT?

Bought a 110/100/80 Maxxis IT for my X today, anybody running this on thier bike? How much pressure are you running and how does it wear?

I have them on my 150, I run 15PSI in them and they wear like iron. They don't get quite as much traction as the D756 on my 250, but they are still a great tire.

They are also A LOT heavier than the 756

i have one on my cr250 and it seems good in most conditions. i noticed it sucks in soft stuff though.

I have had great results with the Maxxis IT's. Much improved traction and wear over the Dunlops 739's I ran previously. The Dunlops just didn't last and the traction wasn't there. Also I got the Maxxis for less $$'s which is a plus. Keep in mind that wear and durability is proportional to terrain, riding style and obviously your ride. (A 450 is going to eat tires more than a 125 or 250)

I honestly think the Maxxis IT's are the best tire for the $$'s. I am sure many would agree and a few may disagree.

- RCD :naughty:

Also Forgot - 12 -13 PSI is what I run on both Front and Rear. Again, Tire pressure should change with the terrain. I Wouldn't go any higher than 15 or :naughty: less than 10.

Love mine for the X and run 13 PSI in front and 12 in rear.

I have them on my 150, I run 15PSI in them and they wear like iron. They don't get quite as much traction as the D756 on my 250, but they are still a great tire.

15psi! That tire is so stiff there's no way you need to run it that high. 13psi tops and you'll hook up much better.

i lower the psi when its wet and muddy outside, but if everythings hard packed then i'll sacrafice a lil traction for wear.

11-15 psi, depends on terrain. 11-12 for sandy/soft. 12-13 for all around, 14 or so when it it sharp edged rocks/stumps. The side walls on the maxis are a tad thinner than some other brands, that helps traction and flex but clipping a rim pincher cuts it fast. Tire wear is very good.

11-15 psi, depends on terrain. 11-12 for sandy/soft. 12-13 for all around, 14 or so when it it sharp edged rocks/stumps. The side walls on the maxis are a tad thinner than some other brands, that helps traction and flex but clipping a rim pincher cuts it fast. Tire wear is very good.

are you sure???

They seem thicker to me??? And I've heard from a lot of other people the sidewall is so stiff on these that you need to run lower pressures

Rear

I use 13lbs for desert riding. 11 for track.

I have run 756, 739, 739G, 739 AT, K695. After I tried the Maxxis IT and saw how long it lasted, how well it hooked up, and the price....i will be sticking with it on the rear for now.

I do want to try some other brands though. I am using a Maxxis IT front now as well. Seems OK. But i think i will try a differnt front next time since they don't seem to wear out so fast

I have heard some good things about the new Maxxis SI. You might want to check those out.

I had mich's front and back intermediate and hated them.I just put on maxxis IT front and back and so far i like them.And they work just fine in soft stuff.And you can't beat the price ,under 100 including shipping. They were very easy to put on.Some people say they are very hard to put on because of the stiffer sidewall.I had no problems,Infact i think they were the easiest one's to put on.

They are a great tire! I really like the Maxxis IT front tire. It really carves and handles well. I like it.

I run Maxxis IT's on my R and run 13 psi in both. I race motocross and conditions range from tilled up moist dirt to concrete like hard-pack. They wear great and I can get them cheaper than any other tire. A MX buddy of mine gives them to me!

Are you sure you're talking aount the IT? It has a very thick sidewall on it.

I used them on my 450 but wouldn't on the 250 because they are so heavy. Tire wear is much better on the 250 compared to 450 anyway.