Jawbone or Dove Springs

Going for the first time.

It's my understanding that they are near to each other.

Which is easier for a new rider?

:naughty:

I would say go to Dove Springs. It's less sandy. Jawbone Canyon is a giant sand wash. It does pack down to a degree but you won't mistake it for dirt.

Some of the areas around DV are pretty whooped out but there is plenty of other riding area.

they are both freakin' awesome ! ! !and within' a 15 minute ride of each other. . :naughty:

DV is a scene from the Road Warrior. Watch out for the guy in the seatless chaps and wearing the slighly dated looking mohawk. :naughty:

At Jawbone you can actually think about the day ahead and the ride while unloading your cycle.

DV is a scene from the Road Warrior. Watch out for the guy in the seatless chaps and wearing the slighly dated looking mohawk. :D

At Jawbone you can actually think about the day ahead and the ride while unloading your cycle.

Good advice from Palmdale :naughty:

There are SEVERAL easy powerline and pipeline roads for newbys at Jawbone.

Yes, there is a sand wash, :naughty: (what's wrong with sand anyway? :D ) but it is avoidable by taking one of the singletracks off to the side. Jawbone has everything from terrain suitable for a 4 year old girl, to stuff worthy of the most extreme.

Dove gets pretty kooked-out on busy days...I'd vote for Jawbone (with side trips to Dove :D )

Pick up an area map at the Jawbone Canyon Store or Jawbone Station. $2.00 well spent.

Good riding to you :cry:

On a day when there won't be too many people in the are, I suggest DS. Jawbone has some awesome hillclimbs and the area is more hilly. Personally, I like Jawbone more, but I love to hillclimb. DS doesn't have any big hillclimbs. I think of DS as more of a family place and Jawbone as more of the racers area. But since you are a beginner, I suggest DS for the first ride and Jawbone for all of the ones after that.