Sign in to follow this  

wich is a better all around bike?

wich is the best all around bike crf450r or the km450exc? i am just wondering about power and handling. :naughty:

Most are probably gonna say the Honda on this forum. Hey, did you just buy a renthal sprocket on ebay? Just wondering... :naughty:

:naughty::naughty: i ride a crf450, i've ridden it in woods, tight trails, mx, i think it is the way to go. unless you do nothing but "tight" trails. then i would consider of course an xr.

You would need to give more information about your use of the bike, and your riding ablity before anyone could give you a good answer.

The KTM 450EXC is a more ridable bike. The CRF may be a little faster, but a faster bike doesn't may you a better rider. The 450 may be a more enjoyable bike to ride. I noticed when I made the switch, when I go riding I can ride longer and not get as tired. But if ALL you do is track get the CRF. Can't beat those things on the track.

wich is the best all around bike crf450r or the km450exc? i am just wondering about power and handling. :naughty:

yes, absolutely. they both have power and handling.

you're kind of comparing apples and oranges, the 450exc would be comparable to the crf450x. If you're asking about MX (what the R is for) there is no comparison, it would compare mostly to the 450SX (of course in my mind there is still no comparison :naughty: ) as an all around bike my thought sould be that it is a lot more fun to do trails on the CRF than to ride a track on the EXC

Most are probably gonna say the Honda on this forum. Hey, did you just buy a renthal sprocket on ebay? Just wondering... :naughty:

No why?

have you checked the weight of the ktm exc? 248 dry, while the 450 is 220 give or take a few lbs depending on year.

:naughty:

have you checked the weight of the ktm exc? 248 dry, while the 450 is 220 give or take a few lbs depending on year.

:naughty:

I had a CRF450R and now own a KTM 525 MXC. If you ride mostly motocross get the CRF, IMO there is no better bike for that task. If you ride primarily off-road get the EXC.

Fraley,

The CRF450 has never weighed 220lbs. The CRF weighs 235 to 231 lbs. depending on which year. The EXC weighs 248lbs in real life and on the KTM spec. sheet, but it has a battery, odometer, lights, and starter.