Sign in to follow this  

CR double high

anyone out there tried the TAG CR double high bars? i'm 6'2" and was thinking of bolting these on my WR instead of the Kx high's. they seem to be the tallest bars on the market, but what concerns me is the sweep of the bar. So, what do the experts say.....

im a pretty tall guy too and was way too cramped witht the stock bars. I got the renthal jimmy button bend. It is made for taller riders. im not too familiar with tag. but the jimmy button bend opened up the cockpit a lot more and got a lot less arm pump and most of all felt much more comfortable. I also have heard the the RC bend is pretty high too.

Pastrana bend is the highest, or so I've read in the magazines. I have some, they are high, but they do sweep back a little farther than I like, much better than stock though.

I have a pair on my bike and I'm pretty happy with them. I've also had my footpegs lowered and the combination of the two makes for a comfortable ride.

I have a set of Tag T2 (1 1/8) Cr double hi's in silver that I used one ride and are in perfect cond. I will sell them for $60 plus shipping if anyone is interested, PM me.

[ April 07, 2002: Message edited by: BIGBLOKE ]

Thanks for the input guys. hey, calamari racer, how far did you lower your pegs and what was involved.... is it a bolt on type deal or would i have to break out the TIG welder? what about moving the pegs back some? anyone heard anything about that?

I love the Carmichael bend pro tapers with the cheap clamp kit thing it rases the bars even higher than a new clamp unless you get the applied calmps that have diffent mount heights- 6'1 and I love the carmichael bend bars