Does anyone make a Corbin type seat for the BRP?

I see Corbin makes one for the XR600, but not the XR650R. My soon to be 42 year old tail bone could use a break on the highway.

I don't believe Corbin makes one but the tall soft seat foam makes a big difference as far as comfort level goes. My tail bone is 42 years old and I had to sacrific looks for comfort. Baja Designs sells the tall soft seat foam and cover for the BRP. Your backside will be glad you did.

Roll-do they make a soft standard foam? Man I miss the old seats the xr's used to have. They were nice.

Baja Designs sells the tall soft seat foam and cover for the BRP. Your backside will be glad you did.

I run the baja designs tall seat and cover :naughty::D:naughty:

xr650r2.jpg

You guys must be giants! I am 6'3" and cannot sit and touch both feet flat with the stock seat height! I also think the seat is soft but then I have a KTM too.

I run the Guts Racing tall seat foam and cover, which is the same as the Baja Designs. You can get the foam in soft, medium and hard. I have the medium foam and it's as soft as you would ever need. Really comfy and sets the bike a lot flatter from front to back. It makes it much easier to move around on and especially go from sitting to standing positions. It raises the height only about an inch and I can still easily manage the height at 6'3". You might check Sargent seats too, if you still want that wide low touring style like the Corbin. They used to make a dualsport seat and could probably make a custom one on your seat base, but it would probably cost $300-$400.

Ok..so, how about us shorter bastids? Any soft standard foam out there? After 40 miles of rough trail I've got a free bikini wax job for christ sakes. That stock seat is awful.

You guys must be giants! I am 6'3" and cannot sit and touch both feet flat with the stock seat height! I also think the seat is soft but then I have a KTM too.

6'5" here. To me the stock seat seems soft enough, was looking for something that maybe had just a tad more width to it?

Ok..so, how about us shorter bastids? Any soft standard foam out there? After 40 miles of rough trail I've got a free bikini wax job for christ sakes. That stock seat is awful.

i think Guts has one :naughty:

http://www.gutsracing.com/pages/seatfoamapp04.html

From the chart that was included above it looks like you can get the stock height foam in a softer than stock version however with how shallow the stock seat is at the back I would think you would be smacking the seat base on your tailbone on a regular basis. I too like how the taller seat makes for an easier transistion from sitting to standing. Heck I'm starting to think about one of those lazy boy lift chairs that raises up with the touch of a button to help with the transistion from sitting to standing. Things are starting to wear out :naughty:

I exchanged emails with a Corbin rep last week about a seat for a BRP. It's not a standard item for them, but they will build one for you if you send them a stock seat.

I'm doing a supermoto conversion and I'm hoping that the smaller wheels and lowering link will allow me to go to a softer/taller seat while still getting my toes on the ground (5'8").

I'm doing R&D on dual sport seats now.

When I'm done I'll be able to take your stock seat and build you a dual sport seat for any bike.