Sign in to follow this  

Question for you SoCal riders

I am from AZ, but currently stationed in ND(USAF). I am planning on driving home to AZ in Nov. and heading out to Glamis for Thanksgiving weekend, or sometime around there. I was wondering how it is with a out of state bike in CA? Any general information would be much appriciated!! thanks...

Also, Do I need a flag for my bike?

im not sure about the out of state bike thing, someone else will know most likely, my guess is if they stop you and ask why you dont have a sticker you could just tell them that your from arizona and show them something to prove it. but yes, you do need a flag (i would buy 2 depending on how long your staying because i always break mine) and you need a paddle to. have fun, glamis is awesome. there will be a lot of people there for thanksgiving weekend.

All you need to do is call or write to the BLM and ask them for an out of state permit. $20 I think will get er done. That's what we have out of state racers do when they come to town. I think they're good for a year.

About the flag...... How the hell am I going to put a flag on my stock 450?? any ideas?? I herd about the back fender thing, but i really dont need a flag smacking me in the back of my helmet... so any other Ideas??? thanks!!

I have seen a few pictures where a flag has been attached to riders who are wearing waterpacks. I have no idea what the specific rules are but that might be an option for you.

do you already have a flag? if you dont you could get the bracket that goes on your swingarm at a local shop when you go to get the flag, i think its like 5 or 10$.

The most important thing is you will need a flag especially for Glamis because there are mostly Dune Buggies and Quads. I dont think anyone will hastle you about being out of state. Just tell them you live in arizona and show them your drivers license and you should be good to go. Be carefull out there. There are a lot of idiots that go out and get drunk and end up running someone over with there dune buggie.

YA, I heard about all the crazies out there on the weekends.... I will watch my 6...

I will probably pick up a flag at a MX store in AZ somewhere and get the bracket... is that bracket bolt on or do you have to weld it on??

The most important thing is you will need a flag especially for Glamis because there are mostly Dune Buggies and Quads. I dont think anyone will hastle you about being out of state. Just tell them you live in arizona and show them your drivers license and you should be good to go. Be carefull out there. There are a lot of idiots that go out and get drunk and end up running someone over with there dune buggie.

Ditto:thumbsup: couldn't of said it better my self :naughty:

Non resident green sticker...You can get them from certain Motorcycle shops.

You will need a out of state sticker and a flag to be legal. Do not act a fool out there cause the Rangers are pricks and will ticket you or impound if caught drinking & riding.

Also be sure to carry your out of state license cause lots of locals buy out of state stickers to ride their red stickered bikes year round and the Rangers dont like it one bit......

here's where you can buy stickers

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/files/nonresident%20permit%20vendor%20list%2011-22-2004.pdf