Sign in to follow this  

'03 YZ250F Rumors?

Anybody heard of any design change rumors to the YZ250F in 2003?

I have some first hand info that the YZ450F will be a new design in '03, therefore you would suspect that the YZ250F will follow suite since they share at least a few part numbers.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that my 250F is hard to start...thanks for reminding me (said with sarcasm).

[ April 11, 2002: Message edited by: JohnnyG ]

Educate the foot with a velvet feel so you don't stall the bike. Who needs an electric start and the extra 10 lbs. We now have a guy who has never stalled one riding his first year with a supercross championship, that should spell out something. Who needs a crank weight also!

like scoulas, i heard "from a friend of a friend" who works for yammie the '03 will be electric start. but, we all know adding the red button means the bike BETTER be on a diet right now! hopefully in 3-5 yrs they'll ALL be electric start & 230#'s! bobwombat

hey BOBWombat...

i THINK they discontinued the Super Rat before the introduction of the COmbat Wombat. check it out.

Originally posted by fenrus WFO:

[QB]We now have a guy who has never stalled one riding his first year with a supercross championship, that should spell out something. QB]

Hey, you're right! I was too busy watching Reed kick butt in the fastest 125 field in several years to notice that he NEVER stalled it.

I remember Thain got it started pretty fast after the Gosslaar induced soil sample.

Johhny G...we have all heard that yamaha is coming out for an 450 for '03, but what is this inside information that you have heard. wheight? pics? anything? let us know man.

When will the 2003 models hit the shelves?

honda 250f? yz250f? :)

the wr250f cant be any harder to start than a 426 can it? cause that thing start like a hooker on a deserted island, if you do it right. :D

I heard (from a friend of a friend who has a friend who knows someone who overheard two customers talking in a bikeshop) that the 03 models are going to come with synthetic oil from the factory, and special fuel tanks to handle all the hi-octane racing gas you are going to have to use on the 15.3:1 engines...

But the bike shop is on a busy road, so maybe he didn't hear right... :)

David

They are planning on antilock brakes to keep the heavy footed from killing the engine. When the bike gets past a pancake angle the clutch automatically pulls in to keep it running. When you kick start it incorrectly a little flag pops out the exhaust saying Squid aboard. The throttle will not chop when the front wheel feels any kind of up angle. A button on the handlebar to do left and right tail whips. A $100 rebate for any owner that creates a sale by a demo tryout ride. A punch-out and a bag of blue plugs to eliminate the white spots from crashes. When you start riding out of control an automatic governor kicks in with maximum of 15MPH to save lives. a lifter to jerk your boot up anytime you stick it in the dirt plus it automatically rebalances you on the bike. An hour meter so your wife can be sure you went riding instead of partying. An internet connection to thumpertalk in case you need assistance while riding.

When you kick start it incorrectly a little flag pops out the exhaust saying Squid aboard.

LOL!!!! Now thats funny.

The '03 YZ426/450 will be redesigned. That is all I know for sure. I have heard the WR electric start rumors.

You will not see a CRF250 until Fonzeca beats a bunch of no-name Jap riders in Japan on a prototype. Then it gets redesigned and released 1.5 years later (sound familiar?). Seriously, 2004 is the "proposed" release date for the CR250F.

Salut!

I would expect a new design for the 426>450 using the new "controlled flow die cast technologie"

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/11march02yamahastechnique.html

I have heard from my Yamaha rep (I race for Yamaha Canada) that the new RX1 snowmobile is using some "unusual casting parts", in his own words, in the front frame, making for a super light yet strong structure.

I'm pretty positive that we will see a serious redesing of the 250F too, but that might be more likely to be in 2004.

That's my 0.02$ (canadian= not much...lol)

Guy