HONESTLY...Ever drink ad dirbike?

If I'm on a trail I know really well and just puttering I'll have a couple beers (I always pack out my rash) unless we are shooting my friend's new quad, in which case we smoke a lot of pot first (har-de-har).

In all honesty, anyone have a cold one if they are trail-riding?

I'm not talking a Camelback full of Jim Beam, here.

Just a couple drinks and low speeds in the boonies.

I've done it while wearing a Walkman and it is other-worldly.

Bummer is, if I see a snake I can't catch it (my own personal rule- no booze with poisonous snakes).

I'm not SUGGESTING it; I'm 40 and been riding since '75,

I just wondered if it was just me and the quad riders. :naughty:

sometimes some booze then riding is cool if ur with ur buddies just going for a cruise, i do it when we go to maine to ride

We usually each carry a few "cold beverages" in our back packs for re-hydration at stops, especially the Sand Dam at Superstition. We never over do it, and we are always aware of the effects. We are all in the 35-40 yr old range, with the exception of one youngster (27). Our combined speeds usually don't even kick up dust! Oh yeah... no night rides after drinking!

I've been known to pack a few cold ones! When we get to our destination it's nice to crack a cold one before heading back! THATS like 3-4 beers divided by 5-6 guys! NOT LIKE your going to get shit faced! (GOOD CARBS!) :naughty:

I saw a guy with a bear in one hand putsing around on the smaller track at the place I ride. He must have had one hell of a time ridding the bike with one hand in the whoops... I dont have much experience with it (or alcohol for that matter). I think as long as you could safely drive a car (legal blood level) then you should be alright for goin really slow on well known trails, but I wouldnt push it. Im sure your careful, but stay safe :naughty:

Definately, helps reduce arm pump!!!!! :naughty::naughty:

Hey, Look everyone, TT has reached A NEW LOW. :naughty::naughty::D

Hey, Look everyone, TT has reached A NEW LOW. :D:naughty::naughty:

You can keep eating the yellow snow! :D

i usually bring a couple pretend beers (natural light or similar flavorless domestic product) on group rides. had a few on 5 miles of hell yesterday in fact. i generally end up having some time to kill while people try to get over something semi-technical, and then they want to rest and stuff, so it's a perfect opportunity to whip out a frosty cold beverage.

however, 2 light beers should not be enough to alter the riding skill of anyone that weighs more than 100 lbs, so i'm not sure it counts as 'drinking and riding'.

Unfortunately, yes but it was a long time ago (when I was in HS). I used to ride sand dunes a lot with my dad and brother and sadly, the only time I could keep up with them was after a few beers (and some Black Sabbath blaring in my ears). :naughty: I'll never forget how proud my dad was of me after this one ride. He was beaming with pride 'cause I was faster than a lot of the guys with us that day. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was due to a sixer. :naughty:

I never drink and ride now but after recalling the above story, I think it might improve my speed! :D

Sure why not. Im not going to get drunk after 2 bud lights. There like 98% water anyway and it does seem to take the edge off a little.. Not piss drunk or taking shots before going riding, but a few beers, at least for my strong liver, does not hurt my riding ability.

Disclaminer, unless you are one of those 1 beer and im drunk pansies. No Beer For You.. :naughty::naughty:

one beer to go please..... :naughty:

That's the limit, takes the tightness away...

Nope - see no sense in it. I've got too many responsibilities to have a few and then ride. Even a few fractions of a second off my reaction time would be trouble - my riding is bad enough as it is. 2BB, by your reckoning, bikes are not deadly, as your 'no alcohol rule' only applies to handling snakes ?? From your accidents, you shouldn't even walk after having a couple :naughty:

Agreed, beer is good for riding but always in moderation. :naughty: In the past I have been too drunk to hold the bike up and even then I was thinking about a nice nite ride. Not too bright!!! :naughty::D Whenever I meet new people around campsites, no matter the time of day, it seems everyone offers up a beer to break the ice, seems that if you don't have a "soda" with the boys, then you might be the one that is out of place. (damn peer pressure) :D:D

I bought an auto-clutch so I can ride with a beer in hand. I'll beat anybody one-handed and drunk.

Nope....never, but afterwards I do like to indulge. Riding, balancing a bike takes concentration and I like to have all of mine focused on the task at hand. Now when I'm on my Seadoos that's a different story, I usually strap a cooler on the back filled with Grey Goose and cranberry.

Nope....never, but afterwards I do like to indulge. Riding, balancing a bike takes concentration and I like to have all of mine focused on the task at hand. Now when I'm on my Seadoos that's a different story, I usually strap a cooler on the back filled with Grey Goose and cranberry.

Shit that's worst! Too many boating accidents ALL from drinking!

I bought an auto-clutch so I can ride with a beer in hand. I'll beat anybody one-handed and drunk.

confirmed, I have seen Trav beat a one handed drunk (Brandon), happy ending and all.

:naughty:

confirmed, I have seen Trav beat a one handed drunk (Brandon), happy ending and all.

That reminds me.

Hey Trav,

Before you sell the DR-Z, can we go for a nice ride in the woods?

For old times sake?

Let me know, BigBoy.

I'll beat anybody one-handed and drunk.

Trav spent the night on our couch the other night...

According to our dog, it's not just "anyone", it's ANYTHING. I think he's watched Van Wilder too many times.

-Tyler