Chewing - Patches?

Just curious if patches would work to quit chewing?

I just quit smoking, it's been 7 whole days with no cig. :naughty: and I just broke myself off the patch. No cravings and I feel good :naughty:

Now it's hubby's turn to quit chewing, so I was just wondering if the patch would help him at all :D

Not sure about the patch, but sunflower seeds, hard candy and gum works for me. It's all just a pacifier anyway. Also it seems that coffee makes me crave chew more than ever. Caffeine and Nicotine together is one great rush in the morning. Not so healthy though.

Well, let me give you the Reader's Digest version of what I've tried.

I chewed Cope for 20 + years....went for a physical...first in MANY years...Doc asked if I wanted to quit. Not only yes, but heck yes! He suggested I mix some 'BACC-OFF' with Cope...say 1 to 4 to start....already at 1/4 of the bad stuff...just keep doing that...eventually all you are doing is chewing fake stuff.

It's a great idea...except I've been 'chewing' the 'fake' stuff ONLY...since..I dunno, Christmas. Someone else on this board or another told me that he'd been chewing the fake stuff for almost a year before he could stop all together. I've gone to chewing gum to try to battle the 'need'...the need is GONE, been GONE since DECEMBER for pete's sake!!!! GRRRRRRR

Anway, I'm gonna kick this sick habit...or die trying...besides, the fake stuff is less than 1/2 of the real stuff...so the taste can be dealt with! LOL

Good luck to both of ya!!!

Just curious if patches would work to quit chewing?

I just quit smoking, it's been 7 whole days with no cig. ? and I just broke myself off the patch. No cravings and I feel good :D

Now it's hubby's turn to quit chewing, so I was just wondering if the patch would help him at all :D

This post is a few days old girl. You still not smoking :D You gain any weight girl? This post ain't no good without pics, LOL :D

There is no smoking gun with this one on either smoking or chewing. I smoked from 17 to 21 years old and on the 21st birthday started chewing Copenhagen and did so for about 14 years as most dumb a$$ chewers did thinking it was better.I tried it all and quiting cold turkey worked for me. I was miserable for about 6 months and have not looked back since 97. I personally think you have to be scared enough of the health factors to quit :naughty: Plus I heard chewing is much harder to quit than smoking :naughty: so give him some more leeway

Well, let me give you the Reader's Digest version of what I've tried.

I chewed Cope for 20 + years....went for a physical...first in MANY years...Doc asked if I wanted to quit. Not only yes, but heck yes! He suggested I mix some 'BACC-OFF' with Cope...say 1 to 4 to start....already at 1/4 of the bad stuff...just keep doing that...eventually all you are doing is chewing fake stuff.

It's a great idea...except I've been 'chewing' the 'fake' stuff ONLY...since..I dunno, Christmas. Someone else on this board or another told me that he'd been chewing the fake stuff for almost a year before he could stop all together. I've gone to chewing gum to try to battle the 'need'...the need is GONE, been GONE since DECEMBER for pete's sake!!!! GRRRRRRR

Anway, I'm gonna kick this sick habit...or die trying...besides, the fake stuff is less than 1/2 of the real stuff...so the taste can be dealt with! LOL

Good luck to both of ya!!!

I was going to say something about the mental affects of chewing that you may need to supplement with gum to get the same feeling without the bad.

But I wasnt sure and did not want to look like an idiot or give wrong info.

Thanks now I know! :naughty:

This post is a few days old girl. You still not smoking ? You gain any weight girl? This post ain't no good without pics, LOL :D

There is no smoking gun with this one on either smoking or chewing. I smoked from 17 to 21 years old and on the 21st birthday started chewing Copenhagen and did so for about 14 years as most dumb a$$ chewers did thinking it was better.I tried it all and quiting cold turkey worked for me. I was miserable for about 6 months and have not looked back since 97. I personally think you have to be scared enough of the health factors to quit :naughty: Plus I heard chewing is much harder to quit than smoking :naughty: so give him some more leeway

Nope, I've actually lost weight. To keep my mind off smoking I've been going to the gym everynight for a couple of hours :D

He's thinking about quiting chewing, it doesn't bug me any, but it would be nice for him to quit. I personally don't think he is scared enough to quit and he likes it WAY to much. I have so many patches that the Doctor gave me, so I was curious to see if that would work on him (when he's ready).

A few years ago he tried to quit by using the fake stuff. He said it burned a hole in his lip :D So I don't know, maybe he can try that again, along with the patch or something.

Thanks guys :D

Sorrily I admit I have done both. And quit both. It was not easy. The easier of the two was the "dip" although the chew contains much more nicotene than that of a cigarette. It is something like a 4:1 ratio of the amount of nicotene contained.

Anyway....

Nicotene is Nicotene, patches, nicorette, gum, mints, fake stuff whatever. I am 38 years old and feel W_A_Y better now after finally quitting all tobacco products.

When I rode an MX track tonight I immediately noticed that I was MUCH, MUCH faster that I could ever handle before. If you really want to have some stamina while riding then quitting should be your only option. I am faster, can last more than a couple of laps and could not be happier. In fact I am pumped about how fast I went tonight. Guys I ride with that I could only keep up with for one lap are now brake checking me into corners for five or six laps :naughty:

THE ABOSOLUTE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE IS TO QUIT. DO IT NOW!!!!!! Think about your family, think about your health, think about riding much, much faster and you'll have enough money left over for race gas on every trip.

Good luck to you all who are trying to quit, I know it is not easy.

Steve

Cold turkey worked best for me. I couldnt see doing this and that and the other to quit. I know its easy to say but you make up your mind and thats it. Good luck! Oh yea, and never, never, never, never cheat after you quit. Thats why I have had to quit twice!