Sign in to follow this  

Need help with SM justifications...

Heres what I want to know...

When you guys did an SM conversion with 17's, rotors, lines,... does it help with stopping and performance on the street alot? Does it make the bike more nimble?

I have the stock trailwings on there right now, they seem to do ok on the street but I would love some killer stopping power.

So please, help me convince the little woman into helping me sell my suburban to SM my DRZ out.... I need stories of how you could never go back to riding a stock S after your conversion.

haha thanks..

The 17s are awsome. it makes the bike way more stable at higher speeds and it helps with turning. the oversized rotors for these bikes are unbelivable...I LOVE MY MOTARD!!!!

When you guys did an SM conversion with 17's, rotors, lines,... does it help with stopping and performance on the street alot? Does it make the bike more nimble?

I have the stock trailwings on there right now, they seem to do ok on the street but I would love some killer stopping power.

So please, help me convince the little woman into helping me sell my suburban to SM my DRZ out.... I need stories of how you could never go back to riding a stock S after your conversion.

haha thanks..

Sell the suburban and the S and buy a new SM, if you don't ride in in the dirt.

Going supermoto is the best money I've ever spent on any of my motorcycles. With the big rotor, braking never fails to put a big smile on your face....it's just a blast.

And the best part is that I can switch back to the dirt setup within about an hour....or slightly quicker if I hurry.

Like I always say, supermoto is the most fun you'll ever have on a motorcycle, and if you switch between dirt and supermoto, you essentially have two bikes with only one insurance policy :naughty:

Think about it...have you ever heard anyone say that they converted to supermoto and didn't like it? I don't recall ever hearing anyone say that; I don't think it's even possible to dislike riding a supermoto :naughty:

Wax....Lemme put it like this....

It's like going from a Uniden Pro 510 and a magnet mount,

to a cut loose Mirage 88 with a TX-350, and a 108" whip......

Just do it!

you'd have to do a track day on a motard track with the stock wheels and brakes,,

see what it feels like to lean over the edge of the tire

and have the bike push and momentarily "fall" over the edge,,

or brake hard at the end of the straight and the lever comes back to the bars

and the bike just keeps going straight.

then you will want motard wheels and brakes without asking anyone

what they think, or what good reasons or justifications someone can come up with.

don't ask how i know :naughty:

Yes, and yes.

With the 17-inch wheels, EBC 320mm brake rotor, EBC pads, steel brake line and Dunlop D208 tires, stoppies are a one-finger operation.

I also put Eibach shock spring and Race Tech fork springs in it to stiffen the suspension up. A buddy of mine, who also rides a DRZ, rode my SM and said it feels like a really light sportbike.

It aint cheap, but I haven't regretted it for a second.

Let me put it this way. I was without a dirt bike because I thought I was going to die from the staph infection. I sold a perfectly good TT-600 at a give away price because it was going to a friend who I knew would take care of it. Well I managed to fight my way to live through what should have done me in. The first thing I did was bought the DRZ 400E. I now am considering going without a dirtbike completly. Why because the 440 SM I bought from burned is more fun than the dirt is. I can hardly believe I wrote that but it is the truth. I love the thing, it's like riding used to be, when I was young and dumb and full of cum. I feel almost like a kid again on it. I haven't felt like that in a very long time. Does that answer your question. prairiedawg :naughty:

Since wax brought up the subject, I got a little curious at just how much the SM wheels and larger rotor improves braking. From my calculations, there is a 42% increase in braking power.