Sign in to follow this  

Scared of doing certain things on my bike.

The bike is a blast to ride, however I'm noticing its pretty scary to ride it on the freeway. I feel like a wind gust is going to push me off, or if I took it past 65 I might lose control. I'm a new rider so I'm sure this is a factor. Also, I get scared using speed down moderate downhills (street). It feels like anything I do is going to send me over the handlebars. Every ride on the bike and I get more comfortable, but these are issues I'm not seeing any progress with. Anyone have something to say about it??

Your confidence will build with seat time. Once you get offroad some, those street hill will not scare you anymore.

Probably the worst,

was going across a 5 mile Bay bridge with 20hph wind passing a convoy of 18 wheelers with a Cage up my A$$ doing about 80mph.

My A$$ was riding the TOOL bag to keep the Bi5ch stable from all the turbulance

All I remember saying is,

Don't SEIZE BABY DONT SEIZE !!!!!!!!!!!!! :naughty:

Thanks for the advice. Means quite a bit.. don't know anyone who rides around here :naughty: My friend is saving up for his DRZ though. Well, I'm off to roam around :D:naughty: Since Saturday, I've filled up twice!

riding off road will help build confidence on road but you need to ride fast off road to build those skills. off road riding is one avoided crash after another, it will make on road riding seem "slow".

One of the biggest problems with instability at speed is getting tense. Quite often the scared death grip makes the wobbles worse. Don't now about you for sure but if you relax and let it go a little you'll be fine. As you build confidence and practice you will get a feel for it.

riding off road will help build confidence on road but you need to ride fast off road to build those skills. off road riding is one avoided crash after another, it will make on road riding seem "slow".

You mean I'm supposed to AVOID the crashes?!?!?!? :naughty:

I agree :naughty:

While you should be respectful of your skill level, or you will hurt youself :D And that is not cool! :naughty: I usually find that when I am aggressive with any given situation, I make it work. But when I chicken out is when I crash. :naughty:

I just started riding too. Freeways can be pretty scary. After a few hundred miles of continous 65+ mph on a freeway you kinda get a feel for the girl and used to how she responds to wind gusts, etc.

I rode the 10 to Phoenix and the 15 to Baker (D606s, 15/47). Try less crowded freeways.