anybody else crash last weekend??

i had a pretty bad crash sunday. i'm was doing a fast trail @ the end of my run, real close to home. was riding too fast in a real rocky section & i guess i picked a bad line & the bike started hopping @ around 40, then hopping real bad, then i think i was airborne & launched off the trail down an embankment into the trees.

there was a split second when i knew i was outta control & going to crash & i got that bad feeling... :naughty:

after crunching the ground & hitting whatever i hit, i got up, looked around, & there was the drz facing the opposite direction i was heading standing upright! this was after making sure no bones were sticking outta me, so that was my next concern, was the bike going to be able to get me home.

i don't really remamber it leaning against a tree either, but??

i made out pretty good, sprained wrist, sore back & neck, minor scrapes. the wrist & hand are the worse. i can't use my left hand for sh#t.

bike made out amazingly well. headlight bracket, speedo bracket bent, two signal housings gonzo, bent clutch lever, front end teaked too hell, and hopefully not too much more.

still, a bad day of riding beats a day of work.

just thought i'd share my weekend w/you guys. sorry if it's a bore. it's one of those, you had to be there kinda things

OUCH! :D

Glad you are OK! Were you able to ride it home? That "mid air" feeling is something I think we all know all to well. kind of a "DOH!" :naughty:

Sharpie1 I'm not sure that I needed a picture of that leg..... :naughty:

Well that's what weekdays are for....getting better for NEXT WEEKEND! :D

Oh yes I crashed, goofing off at night camping with no knee pads, Doh!

motophoto.jpg

that's about how my wrist & palm looks. a nice drz blue!

to top it off, as i was down the embankment gettin' myself together, someone passes me up on the trail on a bike, looks down, & keeps going.

i would of at least asked if a person was o.k. before i went on. i guess it dint look so bad being the bike wound up on it's wheels.

That sucks! about a month ago i was coming up my driveway to like i always do and was going way faster then i usually do pinned in third, and jumped the incline and hit the porch and then hit the neighbors fence and still recovered. The tire and the fence did not make it.

It depends on what your definition of a crash is.....If I told you guys every time I slid out...you would get sick of hearing from me. I have only had one major head over heals get off in the last few years. No damage to me...both rear blinkers on the bike.

knock on wood

It depends on what your definition of a crash is.....If I told you guys every time I slid out...you would get sick of hearing from me. I have only had one major head over heals get off in the last few years. No damage to me...both rear blinkers on the bike.

knock on wood

yeah but think of how high your post count would be. :naughty:

My weekend get off was more like the tricycle guy from laugh in, just riding along and fell over. but Ive had some real doozies over the last 20mos. since I've been in the dirt. this year is promising so far, hopefully it'll be a good one whith little to no breakage..on me or the bike. :naughty:

I had just cleared a nice little tabletop and was cranking down a short chute, when I applied a little to much front brake needed to get me whoaed down for a beautiful right turn. Needless to say, I did a little front wheel dance and then the rear tire came around and met the front tire. Nothing hurt but my pride. :naughty:

use some "heaty" oilment to constant rub on it to remove those clot blood.

ICE......ICE.....ICE.....for bruises. Lord knows I'm the queen of those. :D

I crashed this weekend. Was going the fastest I EVER went. I was cruising. Out of a turn, gave just alot a bit too much throttle. On a dry spot and washed out. Flew 20 ft. from my bike and bruised my back really well. I did though finish the day riding...in pain but had too....Its too much fun!!!!!

:naughty::D:D:naughty:?

ICE......ICE.....ICE.....for bruises. Lord knows I'm the queen of those. :D

I crashed this weekend. Was going the fastest I EVER went. I was cruising. Out of a turn, gave just alot a bit too much throttle. On a dry spot and washed out. Flew 20 ft. from my bike and bruised my back really well. I did though finish the day riding...in pain but had too....Its too much fun!!!!!

:D:naughty::naughty:?:D

i always thought you were supposed to use ice on bruises too. that's what i was doing anyway, but heat does make it feel better for whatever that's worth.

I went over the handlebars doing about 35mph on an enduro on Sunday. I was going fairly quickly on a narrow uphill section with bushes to the right and a wire fence on the left. There was a tree stump on the left of the trail with a fallen log across to the right and a small gap in between. I made the gap but caught the wire fence just beyond with something - maybe the footpeg. The bike slewed round, chucked me over the bars and I smacked my right knee on the handguard as I went over. I hit the deck rolling but fortunately didn't collide with anything else.

Three marshals came by and kept the traffic out of the way while I dealt with the pain but I was OK to get up and carry on. Trouble was, I hit the side of the knee that grips the tank so I had to sit over a lot of the smoother stuff after that as I couldn't stand up much.

It's good to show everyone the war wounds later, though! :naughty:

Ian

I was ridin' around with the kids on their PW50's and dumped it in a little ditch right next to my house... :naughty: front tire went up on a little log and slid out on me.... :naughty:

anyway...the kids thought it was pretty funny. Plus, it's good for them to see that they're not the only ones 'still learning' :D

BSH (~\m/~)

I brought my wife's old 1970 Z50 Mini Trail in on the week-end to start restoring for my son and while we were at the farm we almost washed out in the mud while I doubled her through the stubble fields. Buried the bike to the swing-arm. Then while riding on my own I got bit by the deathwings in a low speed washout on a sand road. Good thing I was the only one around. A couple scuffs on the plastic, ripped of the ugly bar-end bruised a knee, shoulder and my pride.