burned question on 2005 drz400 supermoto

I just bought a "Yosh trs ti" for my bike today. From the e model. What would be the best jetting For this pipe since you have it. I had to buy the best. I am not sure about cutting hole in airbox. Maybe cut holes in side panel like yours. Totally street bike. Jetting specs with dynojet kit.

Plus jetting specs without the dynojet kit.

Bike Drz400sm CARB Bsr 36

So would you not recommend cutting holes in side panel. I could always replace side panel cheap but not the air box.

Plus I live in Indiana at sea level i think. I am just scared to cut hole in new bike

Get over your fear, cut the hole, use a dremel and slice that new baby to shreads :naughty: , the DRZ is a masochist and thrives on the pain of being pierced, sliced, cut, drilled, ground on. Just treat her like your girlfriend. She will love you for it :naughty:

the holes in my side covers are purely cosmetic.

Burned you wouldn't happen to know the part number for the 25 pilot jet the dealers around hear don't know which one i need. Plus should i go ahead and pick up a 145 main also. I would like it a little rich instead of lean i ride a lot at high speeds. Just incase i need it. Safe than sorry

never mind i read the top thread and it told the numbers.

Pilot jet n224.103=mk-556 25 pilot

your lucky i went to order my yoshi trc pro series yesterday and there on back order for two weeks.

Why would you ever want to reverse a 3x3? There is no down side to doing it.

This is an irrational fear harbored by many noobs...but you will quickly get over it once the surgery is over and you feel the result.

Why would you ever want to reverse a 3x3? There is no down side to doing it.

This is an irrational fear harbored by many noobs...but you will quickly get over it once the surgery is over and you feel the result.

I think it's for "re-sale value"... Many people will pay for a 100% stock machine over a hacked up one. :naughty:

I think it's for "re-sale value"... Many people will pay for a 100% stock machine over a hacked up one. :naughty:

it's only "hacked up" if you do the job with a dull butter knife

:naughty:

Spend a few minutes to do a nice job,, and a new owner would not even know it had meen modded... That and it is under the seat,, not a spot most will be looking when buying a bike :D

Just do a neat job and make it look nice...and no perpespective buyer would even guess it was modded.

Personally...resale is not an issue for me. When it comes time for me to lose my KLX...it will likely be beyond worrying if I have and un-modded bike. I don't forsee my baby leaving anytime in the next decade. She might get company...but probably not leaving.

it's only "hacked up" if you do the job with a dull butter knife

:D

Spend a few minutes to do a nice job,, and a new owner would not even know it had meen modded... That and it is under the seat,, not a spot most will be looking when buying a bike :D

Exactally what I was thinking. I used my Dremmel on mine and did it in such a way it looks stock, right down to the rounded edges and cormers. then lightly heat it with a propane torch to clean up the flash and re glaze it. Even the tech's start to question their fische. :naughty::naughty:

I am the noob that doesn't want to cut his bike... Its just something about having hardly broke in the bike and now cutting holes in it... I want to do it SOO BAD but still can't get myself to do it.

I am the noob that doesn't want to cut his bike... Its just something about having hardly broke in the bike and now cutting holes in it... I want to do it SOO BAD but still can't get myself to do it.

I went with out a bike for 9 months for the first time since I was 4 before getting my "S". I waited all of an hour before I started ripping parts off of it and modding it. The new bike thing is cool, but haveing a new bike that looks cool and that f-ing RIPS is MUCH cooler. you wont be sorry. take a deep breath, relax and let the surgery begin. :naughty:

Sorry you couldn't find the yosh trs ti ordered mine from rocky mountain they are only $619 shipped that was a smoken deal. The TT store would never pick up there phone. The pipe will be hear tomorow plus my dj jet kit will be hear tomorow also. I might not change my pilot jet to a 25 because i did that on my Ltz400 and it had a bog down low. I might just keep the stock pilot jet in. YOu will just have to turn your screw out just a little farther.

:naughty: I had mine in pieces,, nothing but bare frame a few hours after I bought it. 3x3 mod weeks later, and the top end off for a new piston a few months after that.

It's a toy,., and for me the building is as much fun as the riding.

Just installed my Yosh TRS last weekend. Its a beast. Pulls really hard and strong! Loud too! :naughty: E Model subframe is about 4 lbs lighter. + The Yosh savings. Bike lost another noticible chunk of weight. :naughty:

You really shouldn't fear cutting the airbox up. If you are gonna pay $600 on an exhaust then you need to go all the way.

E Model subframe is about 4 lbs lighter.

Nate you kill me with your weight posts.. :D

The E sub frame is not 4 pounds lighter.......,,, the E sub frame is 4 pounds lighter then the S sub frame...and the rear pegs....and the helmet lock....and the fender...... :D

Really now,, two small peg mounting tabs, one small tab for the helmet lock and a few inches of thin wall Al tube is not 4 pounds.

I'd love to ride your anorexic DRZ W/ REAL kicker motor once your done... It will be sweet if built right :naughty:

Should be fast, light (er) and a blast to ride...though it will still be a heavy weight 4 stroke trail bike,, that does other things surprisingly well :naughty:

The E sub frame is not 4 pounds lighter.......,,, the E sub frame is 4 pounds lighter then the S sub frame...and the rear pegs....and the helmet lock.

:D Very good observation on your part..... I just weighed them both the other day before installing the E subframe. Yes that includes Helmet Lock and Right side peg (exhaust mount) no fender though. But 4 lbs. is 4 lbs. :D

And yes once the 450SM is done if you are ever down visiting in the Sacto area and want to take the toy for a spin. No prob! :naughty:

DRZ Anorexia is a good thing. It leads to more frequent and longer wheelies. :naughty: