TTR 125L Front suspention?

I have a 01' TTr 125L, and i have been bottoming out my front suspension. I know that thats not good for it but i was wondering if you can make the front suspension harder? Or if my only other option was to buy upgrades?(I'm low on cash after redoing motor so i hope i can hoarded the front suspension.

:naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

have you tried adding more oil to the forks? or changing to a slightly thicker fork oil? also set the top of forks level with the top triple clamp. these are options if you don't want to go with stiffer fork springs. but may not get your desired result.

BBR springs work great, if you went with the fast 50's suspension, they are 60% stiffer and BBR are only 30%...The BBR ones work great for me and I am around 170 :D

BBR is the only way to go with your front suspension(and rear)...make sure you get the rear shock spring too because it will even out all the tension, so your not leaning back. ?

Cody

oh yeah, there's a thin metal tubular spacer under the fork cap. you could probably add a shim or two on top of this spacer to get some stiffness to your forks. don't go too much with the shims, because you can actually create less area for the forks to compress. thus bottoming out sooner. best bet though is to invest in some aftermarket fork and shock springs. or if you know someone who has a newer ttr125(03-04) who has removed the stock springs from their machine and no longer need/want them, get them and install those. they will work better because they are stiffer than the 01 model. the home page for TT has a section on suspension. it reads...John Curea, TT suspension expert. you may find some good info over there. ? good luck

nope the only option is to get stiffer springs from bbrmotorsports.com they really aren't that expensive but if you are on a tight budget it might be time to get a job ?

:D

• 6 months later...