Sign in to follow this  

Stepping up to CRF 250 Part 2: mods

OK, posted on whether to get X or R. Thanks for all the great info.

Regarding mods, is anything stock on the CRF 250 s worth keeping? Since its a notable step up from the 230 all around am I going to have to mod it a lot like the 230? :naughty: Or is it like any bike, there is always room for improvement. Or as my wife says, you just like modifying the bike, its the process not the end result :naughty:

The faster you go the faster you will crash. I would look into a set of radiator guards. While there are many nice parts you can buy for the CRF250, it is quite impressive right out of the crate.

The faster you go the faster you will crash. I would look into a set of radiator guards. While there are many nice parts you can buy for the CRF250, it is quite impressive right out of the crate.

:naughty:

That's the best advice so far. Get some radiator guards, possibly a rear disk guard (stock one is crap), and a skid plate.

Customizing to me, means making it suit my needs. I bought a tall seat, simply because I'm tall. I bought tall clamps and bars, simply because I need them to stand up and be in a good position. Some people buy things, just because others have them, or something like that. I buy the parts that allow me to ride the bike the way I want it. As far as looks are concerned, I am trying to stay away from them on this bike, rather than the 150.

Fastest, cheapest, easiest, least expensive, for the greatest results buy some VP U-4 race gas. Put it in your tank instant 1-2 hp right now.

If you can put up with the odor.

Great bike keep it stock or spend thousands still a great ride.