756 vs 742 Front Tire/also Front Susp Recommendations??

Guys, my bike came stock w/742 front and 756 rear. I just put a new

756 on the front, but haven't ridden yet. Any opinions on your fav front tire?

I'm usually on the mx track at Hangtown. Need all the bite I can get. Also, any recommendations while my forks are being rebuilt (seals)?

Who should I have setup my suspension in the Sacramento area?

THanks.

Depends on terrain, but out here in colorado, I really like the 756 front.

Erik

The 756 is a trememndous improvement over the 742, especially if you ride in anything softer than hard intermediate...742 is a very narrow range tire....

I run the 773 front for loamy conditions. 756 is better then a 742..

any opinions on the 739 front?

any opinions on the 739 front?

739 is plain ok in perfect dirt...even to the harder side a bit. But overall, it still pales in comparison to the 756, which works as good as the 739 everywhere and smokes it in the softer/deeper stuff.

IMHO the 742,739,K490 front tires give the worst feedback to the rider and seem like they just want to tuck at any speed. Why Honda chose this combo is beyond me. I got 3 rides out of the rear and even though I love the 756 @ the track for the desert it's too soft. On my 450 X I went with a Maxxis IT in the rear and a 756 up front. by a twist of fate my first ride on them was at I-5MX and not only did the bike impress me but so did the rear tire. Setting the SAG to 100mm is CRITICAL on this bike, I tried 105,103.100, and the bike started to hold a line and carve @100mm but could be better, might try sliding the tubes 3mm next week. Enjoy your new bike.

739 apparently is great on real rocky terrain...I didn't care for it on the track, but it did OK on the trails. The 756 seems to be the best I've tried for over all conditions. But I've heard some great things about the Maxxis SI.

You guys confirmed my thoughts about the 742. I always thought it was way too hard a compound for aggressive turning/cornering on the track. Just didn't seem to dig in like the rear tire. Got the bike back together, can't wait to test...

this Sat.

SI eh? Thanks for the tip...I will try it when this 756 front wears out.

I have a Michelin M12 on the rear right now...ok, but I think the rear 756 is a bit better still. The search goes on for something better...

Here in Cali where I ride the Maxxis IT works really good. And lasts forever

Michelin MS3's work really well for me I found they worked better than the 756

756RR front, and Michelin MS3 out back.

Hey Rap, I tried a M12 a long time ago and I couldnt get it back off the bike fast enough, as long as the track was groomed and on the harder side of loamy(tacky) it worked, but when things dried out I couldnt get it to stick at all, leaned over it had very little traction compared to a MS2, now called the MS3. Its hard to find a tire that works great everywhere, but Im pretty happy with the Michelin rear's.

756RR front,

How's that RR lasting, BK? The parts guy at my local shop said its a one-race tire :naughty:

I'm running an RR 756 in back and itis holding up well. I have 4-5 rides on it.

I love the 756. I currently use the 756 but I am thinking of trying the Bridgestone 201 90x100x21 because of the large footprint. Does anyone have any info on this tire. I ride mostly in south east kentucky. Traile mixed with occasional trips to the track.

756RR front, and Michelin MS3 out back.

Hey Rap, I tried a M12 a long time ago and I couldnt get it back off the bike fast enough, as long as the track was groomed and on the harder side of loamy(tacky) it worked, but when things dried out I couldnt get it to stick at all, leaned over it had very little traction compared to a MS2, now called the MS3. .

That was biggest complaint with the M12 rear...when leaned over accelerating hard out of a groomed corner, it tended to go away quicker than the 756...and less predictable....

I will have to say that the Maxxis is the best tire I have ever ridden on. I normally really liked the 401 stone, but the SI is like velcro. I think it works even better than the 756. Plus, it is way cheaper.

There is a review for it on www.maxxis.com that MXA did. Pretty good. here is the link:

http://www.maxxis.com/media/gallery/item_14255.pdf

I just got back from Houston and rode Three Palms and San Jacinto. Worked very well both places, even when SJ got hard and dusty.

James

Where are u guys finding the best buys on the Maxxcross SI's?? THANKS.

Hey LawDog 101, were you at 3Palms on Sunday for the dealer appretiation day? I was on a friends 04' 450 and he had the Maxxis IT's and they hooked up well all day. We were parked next to the HoH guys and Tim Ferry's motorhome.