bubba and respect....

Does anyone remember bubba at Unadilla in '02? Does he have any respect for his competition? Yes, he is fast, but is he a true champion? A true champion shows respect. Maybe the first turn was an accident and he was bumped into Reed, but did anyone hear his comments after the race? Reed will remember and it will be pay back time. I hope I see it in Houston.

I don't think Bubba really knew what happened to Reed, it happened behind him. His comments were mostly about how he came together with fonseca on a jump, and that it was a bit sketchy....I don't think anything was intentional.

I don't think Bubba really knew what happened to Reed, it happened behind him. His comments were mostly about how he came together with fonseca on a jump, and that it was a bit sketchy....I don't think anything was intentional.

Actually, his comments only aired live in Seattle and over the internet broadcast. By the time the race aired on tv they were edited for content. Bubba apologized to Reed but commented on how tough he was and that he would not get pushed around. I lost a lot of respect for Bubba right then.

Greg

ohh get over it.....It happned, Bubba will always be better than Reed. He is just young and inmature

Bubba apologized to Reed but commented on how tough he was and that he would not get pushed around. I lost a lot of respect for Bubba right then.

maybe he should just ride wimpy for now on.

I am surprised Bubba even apologized to Reed..anyone ever remember a rider named Bob Hannah? :naughty:

I am surprised Bubba even apologized to Reed..anyone ever remember a rider named Bob Hannah? :naughty:

Competitors in sports involving sponsors (pretty much all professional motorsports) always seem to react to contreversial happenings on the track in a very polite, almost politically correct manner and frankly its disgusting. It saps the personallity out of racing. IMO I think overly aggressive riders are good because they tell it like it is and don't sugarcoat crap (also causes for some interesting "real" rivalies). Back in the day it was ok to be bold and brash but now it seems like we live in a society full of wimps that want politeness and appologies. Well....at least the stick and ball crowds still have some of their hard asses.

what exactly was said? i missed that race.

Does anyone remember bubba at Unadilla in '02? Does he have any respect for his competition? .

I remember, i remember Reed saying that if he could get a start, no way could Bubba beat him if he were out in front, Bubba proved him worng by letting him go by, taking off then catching and passing, and leaving him behind :naughty:

Respecting his competition?? I could say if Reed were up too his level of competition he would show him respect, but i wont :naughty:

Let me get this straight:

You want a speech on honesty, humilty and ethics from a pro athlete?

What planet are you from again?

i was at the race and heard no disrespectful comments, just the usual podium talk :naughty:

Does anyone remember bubba at Unadilla in '02? Does he have any respect for his competition?

Yes I remember that 16/17yr old kid? Let's judge him by how he handles himself as an adult. I know I DEFINETLY wouldn't want to be judged by some of the things I did and said, as a teeniebopper. Can you imagine? :naughty: My head was big enough at that age without being a constantly admired phenom like Bubba. :naughty:

I remember, i remember Reed saying that if he could get a start, no way could Bubba beat him if he were out in front, Bubba proved him worng by letting him go by, taking off then catching and passing, and leaving him behind :naughty:

Respecting his competition?? I could say if Reed were up too his level of competition he would show him respect, but i wont :naughty:

I tried to tell you...I TRIED!

On the other thread...remember?

Chad SHOT HIS MOUTH OFF AT UNI!!!

He got served! PERIOD.

I ALWAYS leave the door open.

Ricky D slammed it!

Ricky D, you are the man.

As my sig-line says...the internet is a wonderful place...