Sign in to follow this  

Mid-week DS around Angeles Forest

A group from Lockheed Martin in Palmdale does a wednesday evening ride every week. Out in the dez, though, not DS. If yur interested, I can fwd the spots to ya.

Anybody here want to do mid-week rides around Ageles Forest and beyond?

Where would you base? I'm somewhat familiar with riding in the Angeles Forest, but don't know of to many places you can start from. Actually I know of two, but have only ridden one, so don't know what the the other offers as far as distance and scenary.

The area I'm talking about is around Angeles Forest Highway and Mount Gleason Road.If you need to stage, I believe you can park at Aliso Spring which is a parking/picnic area on the east side of AF Hwy at MG Road.However,you'll need a parking permit.I ride my bike there so parking is not a problem for me.

You do need to be street legal to connect the roads together,but from there we can ride Lynx Gulch,4n24 and a couple of other roads I know of about 2mi north of AF Hwy and Aliso Canyon.In fact from that point we can ride to Palmdale and beyond all in the dirt if you want.

I would be coming from the south[the Crest]so if you wanted to meet somewhere else,let me know.

The area I'm talking about is around Angeles Forest Highway and Mount Gleason Road.If you need to stage, I believe you can park at Aliso Spring which is a parking/picnic area on the east side of AF Hwy at MG Road.However,you'll need a parking permit.I ride my bike there so parking is not a problem for me.

You do need to be street legal to connect the roads together,but from there we can ride Lynx Gulch,4n24 and a couple of other roads I know of about 2mi north of AF Hwy and Aliso Canyon.In fact from that point we can ride to Palmdale and beyond all in the dirt if you want.

I would be coming from the south[the Crest]so if you wanted to meet somewhere else,let me know.

Yup! Same area that I sometimes ride in. I'll usually stage off Soledad/Indian Canyon, and head into the hills. Some of the roads are in pretty bad shape, but doable on a cycle. I'd like to join you sometime. I'm anxious to explore a bit more then I've done in the past. I usually do this area for new machines, or for new riders. There's probably not much that I haven't seen but worth a trip. :naughty:

So,are we riding tomorrow or Thuusday?Mid-week is upon us!And oh yeah,there's a parking lot at Indian Canyon and Soledad Canyon isn't there?I could meet you there at 9am either day.

Would you happen to know if Sand Canyon[aka Little Tujunga Canyon]is still closed?There was a road block there 2 weeks ago.That would be a short-cut for me.

Would you happen to know if Sand Canyon[aka Little Tujunga Canyon]is still closed?There was a road block there 2 weeks ago.That would be a short-cut for me.

LT is accessible from the backside, up Placerita Cyn off the 14. It is still closed from the Osborne exit off the 210.

So,are we riding tomorrow or Thuusday?Mid-week is upon us!And oh yeah,there's a parking lot at Indian Canyon and Soledad Canyon isn't there?I could meet you there at 9am either day.

This week is out for me. I'm Vegas bound Thursday. Next week is a possibility. I normally have Fridays off. If Friday is no good for you I can work a Friday in favor of taking a different day off. Let me know.

This week is out for me. I'm Vegas bound Thursday. Next week is a possibility. I normally have Fridays off. If Friday is no good for you I can work a Friday in favor of taking a different day off. Let me know.

Most Fridays are good for me, but 4/29 is not.Next week would have to be wed. or thurs.Let me know.

Will try for Wed or Thurs of next week. Will have to see how the work scedual develops, which takes on full shape Monday morning, before I can plan for anything. Sometimes there's nothing and other times I work past 9pm after getting in before 8am.

On the other side of AF Hwy at the top, there's a place to stage in the Forest Service station parking lot. You ever ride that area? I once walked the dogs there and took a bad fork and it dead ended real fast. I'm curious where the other fork might have gone. Maybe we can check that out too.

On the other side of AF Hwy at the top, there's a place to stage in the Forest Service station parking lot. You ever ride that area? I once walked the dogs there and took a bad fork and it dead ended real fast. I'm curious where the other fork might have gone. Maybe we can check that out too.

Maybe you're talking about those maintenance garages/buildings?If that's the spot,then one of those roads goes to Mt. Pacifico which is subject to seasonal closure[winter]and is 3n17.The other road is 4n18,which goes south

to Upper Big Tujunga.