Sign in to follow this  

Need Some Advice

I may be relocating to the Charlotte area this summer. It appears from reading in this forum that not many guys have toy haulers in the South. Are accommodations close to riding areas? Should I sell mine before I do the move? My entire family ride and I'm used to many people having toy haulers because there is nothing out in the desert. If I should sell it, I think I could get more here since the demand seems to be higher and the toy hauler is worth about $30,000. I was intially thinking of selling all the bikes and switching to water toys, but after reviewing this forum, it sounds as though there is plenty of trail riding which I rarely get to do now. Please give me your thoughts.

That's because here in the South we all work at gas stations, public libraries and on garbage trucks and can't afford the damn things! :naughty:

Or alternatively, we spend all of our money on extra toys. There is so much to do we all have bikes for the whole family, a boat, go carts, a new house and several other toys depending on what's available around where you live. (my situation :naughty: )

There is definitely room here in FL for them at the tracks, but a lot of our riding is also in the woods and you'd have a hard time getting one of those down some of these back roads. I don't know how it is in NC though...

What type of riding do you plan on doing?

For me one would be unpractical, but I know several other riders that would love to have one.

I live 26 miles northwest of Charlotte. Believe me, you will find plenty of places to ride all around you. Trails, hare scrambles, MX etc. You can look some of the areas up on the AMA site (District 29). You can also go to NCDIRTRIDER.COM for links to other riding areas. Welcome to NC... :naughty:

I may be relocating to the Charlotte area this summer. It appears from reading in this forum that not many guys have toy haulers in the South. Are accommodations close to riding areas? Should I sell mine before I do the move? My entire family ride and I'm used to many people having toy haulers because there is nothing out in the desert. If I should sell it, I think I could get more here since the demand seems to be higher and the toy hauler is worth about $30,000. I was intially thinking of selling all the bikes and switching to water toys, but after reviewing this forum, it sounds as though there is plenty of trail riding which I rarely get to do now. Please give me your thoughts.

I don't think that it would really hurt anything to keep it, but it is not very practical for this area. Everything is so close that there is no need to spend the night. Since you are bringing your family, if everybody does not ride and they need a place to relax then you may use it. A lot of guys I know have enclosed trailers w/ all the amenities and that is pretty bling for around here. Some areas have fairly small ( and busy ) parking lots that would be hard to negotiate anything longer than a 16-20' trailer around in. We also have some pretty narrow, curvy, roads that makes getting there interesting. I used to pull a 20' drop deck to haul ATV'S to ride and occasionally our 36' dovetail gooseneck but it was a real pain. In the last year or so I don't even bring a small trailer, I just load it into the bed of my truck. Less fuel, less pain, it is easier and faster.

Hope this helps a little. :naughty::naughty:

Yeah, what they said. Too many toys. Parking lots are very cramped as well as the roads being tight.

Thanks guys for the advice. If I end up relocating I will sell the toy hauler in CA. I need to start practicing trail riding versus my usual desert riding. Hope to catch you folks on some trails.

Again thanks