Sign in to follow this  

Ankle Injuries

Curious- anyone else have problems with their ankles. I injured both of them on a hard flat landing after over jumping a double. It seems to me that this may be somewhat of a common injury as the balls of your feet are on the pegs and your heels compress downward on a really hard landing.

How to avoid?

How to rehab- i keep reinjuring them

Any braces specific for this purpose?

ANy boots better than others to eliminate the problem?

Thanks for the advice. :naughty:

Pivotpegz.com I had a shattered right ankle, these things work great, won't ride without them now.

I tried pivotpegz.com, but came up with nothing.

Got a phone number or any other info for them?

A while back I over cleared a triple in a rytm section and almost quadrupled it and I hurt my ankles real bad. Never did anything about it myself

How to avoid?

I think that a lot of us land with the insteps on the pegs if it's going to be a hard landing. Sorry to hear about your injury.

once you are riding again; might want to consider upgrading your riding boots. to a minimum of a tech 6, forma pro, or sg-1; if you haven't already done so.

Curious- anyone else have problems with their ankles. I injured both of them on a hard flat landing after over jumping a double. It seems to me that this may be somewhat of a common injury as the balls of your feet are on the pegs and your heels compress downward on a really hard landing.

How to avoid?

How to rehab- i keep reinjuring them

Any braces specific for this purpose?

ANy boots better than others to eliminate the problem?

Thanks for the advice. :naughty:

I did both mine in last year, overshot a tabletop and when i landed on the balls of my feet I snapped both of them back. Was on crutches a month or so, was out rest of season last year. I have purchased Gaerne SG-10 boots and Fastway Rev lll footpegs and so far this year so good. The Gaernes are awesome support I really like them. I am working hard on dialing in my suspension and seems to be helping me. Good luck hope you stay healthy!!

Forgive me father for I have sinned I hit a 3rd gear jump 4th gear pinned.....and tore my Achilles tendon and another ligament in my ankle. Thanks in part to my worn out Tech 8's. A pair of Sidi's and maybe some pivot pegz are in my future.

sounds like spending the bucks on good boots is a first step. thanks for the advice on the pivot pegs. I rode today and had no trouble until I landed hard on a downhill, and immediately had the ankle pain.

I appreciate the advice

Lift weights, if you're not already. Squats and other leg excercise. Free weights are my favorite. I had a sore ankle from a tough landing. It was fine unless it compressed at a funny angle, then hurt like hell. I could jump and land fine for the most part, seems ok now. Wonder if the tech tens are realy good boots. Anyone wearing them?

I seperated my ankle in two places (stretched the tib and fib to the point that they pulled apart) and shattered the growth plate by flat landing an 80 foot tabletop, (i went about 90 ft). Since then i bought myself SG-10's and the fastway pegs, i would advise you do the same

Lifting weights is a part of my lifestyle. I lift 4-5 days per week plus 3 days of cardio. I believe if it weren't for the lifting, I would really be hurt.

I have been a personal trainer for 15 years and truly believe in the value of keeping your body tuned.

Yeh i just hert my ankle to weekends ago and now i have had a boot on for 2 weeks i get it off next wed hoping i can ride after that.