Sign in to follow this  

Leaning through a turn

When you are going into a turn and/or berm do you lean into it or out? Also, it seems as if every time i feel like im going to slip out and i catch myself with my foot (I have boots on) and then i gain my control when I'm almost already out of the turn. I don't even gas it through the turn that hard either...

I lean into the turn with my foot out. It seems to work very well

assuming you're talking about a motorcycle, on dirt, the bike should generally be leaned over somewhat more than you are. i was taught to sit on the outside edge of the seat in turns. what this does is it allows the bike to slide a little under you without going completely out from under you, so traction is more predictable. if you try riding a dirtbike like a road racing bike, leaning way off to the inside, you are likely to find yourself on the ground quickly because you can't recover from a slide.

mw

Generally, when leaning into a turn, u want to be sitting down up a little higher on the seat then u would normally be sitting down. Come into the turn with your foot extended out straight to catch yourself and for balance. When your in the turn, punch the throttle and it will slingshot you around the berm. Cintripital force will keep you basically pinned to the ground. Then come out of the turn grabbin gears and haulin' @$$!!!!

Generally on dirtbikes, the bike should generally be leaned over somewhat more than you are, u want to be sitting down up a little higher on the seat than normal, and you want the angle of your body closer to perpendicular with the ground than the bike is.

Sit up front of the bike...try to take your weight off the seat about 50% and weigh the outside peg down (none on inside peg since your leg will be sticking out)...keep your balls riiight at the front of the bike...stick the inside leg out and watch for slippage :naughty: