Works Connection Skid Plate Problem

Everytime I change my oil the skid plate gets oil all over it... The hole they put to drain the oil needs to go about 1/2" farther towards the right side of the bike. When the oil is almost empty it trickles right on top of the skid plate making a huge mess.

Is it possible to grnd this thing or something to make the hole longer? Anybody else notice this problem?

Everytime I change my oil the skid plate gets oil all over it... The hole they put to drain the oil needs to go about 1/2" farther towards the right side of the bike. When the oil is almost empty it trickles right on top of the skid plate making a huge mess.

Is it possible to grnd this thing or something to make the hole longer? Anybody else notice this problem?

I have the same skid plate, I use the triangle stand when I change my oil and it drains fine out of the existing hole, I think the bike leaning to that side helps the oil move through the skid plate hole better.

I have the same skid plate, I use the triangle stand when I change my oil and it drains fine out of the existing hole, I think the bike leaning to that side helps the oil move through the skid plate hole better.

Good point. Knowing Works Connection it is designed to be used with the triangle and that is the way the manual says to drain the oil for a reason...

I figured having the bike at an angle may leave oil in the left side of the case. I better check the manual.

Gregg,

Thanks for the insight on the problem with the drain hole. When we were developing the skid plate we actually drained the oil out of the test bike we had, (using the leaner) and everything drained out great. We are going to open the hole up a bit on our next batch of skid plates so that it will help to eliminate the oil mess if you change it with the bike on a stand, or upright anyways. Thanks for the feedback, it does nothing but make our products better. Thanks again,

Eric

Wow...Works Connection chimes in? :naughty:

Awesome products guys, but you knew that already.

Ill just grind my hole a little longer (which sounds painful). And feel better knowing that everybody that buys one of the next batch gets a better product because of the mess on my garage floor. :naughty:

I do the exact same thing (use the triangle stand) and it works perfectly, plus the oil seems to drain better.

Yea but isnt that in the middle? The drain plug is on the side of the bike. The only way you could hit that hole is to position the bike perfectly over it. By then you could have just used the triangle and not worried about it.

Gregg,

Thanks for the insight on the problem with the drain hole. When we were developing the skid plate we actually drained the oil out of the test bike we had, (using the leaner) and everything drained out great. We are going to open the hole up a bit on our next batch of skid plates so that it will help to eliminate the oil mess if you change it with the bike on a stand, or upright anyways. Thanks for the feedback, it does nothing but make our products better. Thanks again,

Eric

Wow! that is 1st class customer service Eric...........I wish other aftermarket companies would follow your lead..............great stuff :naughty:

Yea but isnt that in the middle? The drain plug is on the side of the bike. The only way you could hit that hole is to position the bike perfectly over it. By then you could have just used the triangle and not worried about it.

I set it up on the stand a little off to the right maybe, never really paid attention to much. The drain hole is toward the center of the bike and the hole in the stand is pretty big. Again, I would rrather not let any sludge hang out in the left side of the case leaning over. A little dirty oil could be in that area at the angle it is leaning too...?

They sent me some fender stickers. :naughty:

• 9 months later...

IF YOU DO BUY ONE DONT BUY ONE OFF A STORE ON EBAY CALLED IPS POWER SPORTS COS I PAYED FOR ONE AND IT NEVER ARIVED AND WHEN I CONTACT THEM THEY SAY THEY WILL GET BACK TO ME WHICH THEY DONT OR JUST DONT ANS ME SO BE WARNED ABOUT :: ?? IPS POWER SPORTS