A little help please.....

I have a 04 WR 450. It is basically my first bike and I am a very novice rider. I have done the free mods and other performance b.s. but have not done much with the suspension mostly because I have very little knowledge. I tip the scales at around 280 and am wondering what needs to be done to set the bike up for my phatazz. I am curious about how much money I am going to have to spend to have it done. I know lots depends on what I decide to do, but any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks in advance for your time and replies. Black n Blue.

The first thing you'll need to do is get correct spring rates front and rear since you are outside the weight range for the stock ones.

Once those are installed and the sag set, you can then evaluate the damping to see if you can find settings with the clickers that are acceptable to you. If not, then you can look to valving changes.

Perhaps some of the tuners that have experience with this model and heavier rates can suggest some spring rates for you.

If not, try contacting some of the suspension companies that specialize in offroad (instead of MX) and see if you get some sort of concensus on the spring rates.

:naughty: