Sign in to follow this  

R.I.P. Irondude

Sadly i have been given the news that Irondude-a fixture on the XR 650R site for a couple years is no longer with us.

He pushed it in real life and on TT. Always quick to help a TT bro out--he also stuck to his guns and called it like he saw it.

He's been banned from Thumpertalk!

May you raise hell on another forum-and dont let those cheatin' Honda dudes get ya down. We've all seen Dust to Glory--and you where right--they do cheat!

Godspeed, Irondude.

:naughty::naughty:

That is some of the worst news I've heard all year. :D

Do the owners of TT have any idea what they have done? :D:naughty:

The man was truly a legend admired by all. (except the pro Honda team)

I think I will walk on down to the Kwik Mart and buy a 40oz OE, to toast his greatness. :D

Who is going to make fun of the fairies that ride Husky's, now that he is gone. :naughty:

To Irondude Bill Brasky. :naughty:

I once heard he rode his big red pig into a apartment fire to save a litter of kitties.

A true hero, to Bill Brasky. :naughty:

In the far corner of my back yard is a shrine to IronDude. There is a broken right foot peg off an XR650R and some fried Ti valves from a CRF250X surrounding a velvet painting of this immortal (immoral?) off road God. Sometimes I'll sit and meditate there and smoke a Romeo y Julieta stogie and sip some Glen Levit and light farts.

Farewell IronDude...Farewell.

Sadly i have been given the news that Irondude-a fixture on the XR 650R site for a couple years is no longer with us.

He's been banned from Thumpertalk!

Well, I don't make it to the XR650 forum much, but I did a search on Irondude's posts, and didn't see anything that would get him banned, at least not in the first page or so of results. He hasn't posted much lately -- last posts were in December, and then in early March.

My guess is that Mikekay is pulling our leg? :naughty:

What happend? :naughty:

Not sure if it was any single one post-more like a series of posts over the years that pissed off some heavy weights in the industry. Like Honda!

It all started when Irondude replied to a post a couple years ago about Honda cheating at the Baja 1000. He noticed a guy named 'Mainjet' going on and on about Honda not cheating. But Irondude was a Baja racer-and set the record straight with exactly where when and how Honda cheated. Turns out Mainjet was Ron Miller, lifelong Honda emplyee and father of Chuck Miller-Honda racing senior manager.

A huge fight began. The Millers got Irondude fired from his job with Chris Haines Motorcycle Adventure (who is contracted to Honda). This was shocking to Irondude at the time.

A year later Irondude then got a race team together to do the Baja 1000 on the then new CRF250X...excited to prove the bike wasnt prone to failure-and hoping to make amends with Honda....but its valves tightened up 1/3rd the way thru the race.

Irondude went ballistic on the CRF250X site-calling for a lawsuit against Honda!!! Dozens of other 250X riders suffered the same fate with their valves-but took a softer stand. It was really heated for awhile--but Irondude didnt call anyone names--just presented the facts. Still it was seen as a flame to many. LOTS OF DRAMA!!!!

Then TTer bajaboundmoto (who employed Irondude) raced a CRF250X with $3000 worth of Pro Circuit engine mods--including radioactive valve seats--well Irondude questioned that as a 'fix' for the average rider--and then all hell broke loose again. PM's flew back and forth and lets just say it ended with Irondude not longer riding sweep for BajaBoundMoto--who desperately want to get close to Honda!!

The final Irondude post was about his new Husqvarna. How he loved the euro-bike and how he valued its european heritage--he even mentioned that he liked the idea of buying a bike made in europe by 'his peeps' - the hand made machine wasnt a cookie cutter jap bike.

Sure enough Irondude -- who dared to take on Honda's CRF250X, the moto-press, SCORE, Honda's cheating in Baja, as well as dozens of other honest posts about lame aftermarket parts and service---was then called a 'racist' by another TT poster.

And then- that little irritant to Honda, and so many others, was shut down for good. How very convenient. And how very chicken shiite of thumpertalk!

This site is now a powerhouse in the dirtbike world. And that is not lost on many many many industry related folks. Sadly politics do creep into the forum. This is a great example of that.

Irondude's password was simply 'Irondude' .....try it from your computer. Every computer we've tried it on just (temporarily) locks up with a blank TT screen. BANNED.

RIP Irondude.

RIP free speach in america.

:naughty:

REMOVE THE BAN!!!!

FREE IRONDUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember Irondude calling American Honda out, regarding the Baja.

He was true to his word, and, in hindsight, looks as though he was right.

R.I.P. Irondude.

Not sure if it was any single one post-more like a series of posts over the years that pissed off some heavy weights in the industry. Like Honda!

It all started when Irondude replied to a post a couple years ago about Honda cheating at the Baja 1000. He noticed a guy named 'Mainjet' going on and on about Honda not cheating. But Irondude was a Baja racer-and set the record straight with exactly where when and how Honda cheated. Turns out Mainjet was Ron Miller, lifelong Honda emplyee and father of Chuck Miller-Honda racing senior manager.

A huge fight began. The Millers got Irondude fired from his job with Chris Haines Motorcycle Adventure (who is contracted to Honda). This was shocking to Irondude at the time.

A year later Irondude then got a race team together to do the Baja 1000 on the then new CRF250X...excited to prove the bike wasnt prone to failure-and hoping to make amends with Honda....but its valves tightened up 1/3rd the way thru the race.

Irondude went ballistic on the CRF250X site-calling for a lawsuit against Honda!!! Dozens of other 250X riders suffered the same fate with their valves-but took a softer stand. It was really heated for awhile--but Irondude didnt call anyone names--just presented the facts. Still it was seen as a flame to many. LOTS OF DRAMA!!!!

Then TTer bajaboundmoto (who employed Irondude) raced a CRF250X with $3000 worth of Pro Circuit engine mods--including radioactive valve seats--well Irondude questioned that as a 'fix' for the average rider--and then all hell broke loose again. PM's flew back and forth and lets just say it ended with Irondude not longer riding sweep for BajaBoundMoto--who desperately want to get close to Honda!!

The final Irondude post was about his new Husqvarna. How he loved the euro-bike and how he valued its european heritage--he even mentioned that he liked the idea of buying a bike made in europe by 'his peeps' - the hand made machine wasnt a cookie cutter jap bike.

Sure enough Irondude -- who dared to take on Honda's CRF250X, the moto-press, SCORE, Honda's cheating in Baja, as well as dozens of other honest posts about lame aftermarket parts and service---was then called a 'racist' by another TT poster.

And then- that little irritant to Honda, and so many others, was shut down for good. How very convenient. And how very chicken shiite of thumpertalk!

This site is now a powerhouse in the dirtbike world. And that is not lost on many many many industry related folks. Sadly politics do creep into the forum. This is a great example of that.

Irondude's password was simply 'Irondude' .....try it from your computer. Every computer we've tried it on just (temporarily) locks up with a blank TT screen. BANNED.

RIP Irondude.

RIP free speach in america.

REMOVE THE BAN!!!!

FREE IRONDUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

If all of that is true, and there's nothing else to the story, then he got screwed and screwed again. I'm sure a man of his conviction could give a crap about being banned, but the employment issues...

:naughty::D

I understand that a special paypal account has been set up to take donations for the "FREE IRONDUDE" campaign.

Does anyone have access to the account number?

I would like to make an immediate and generous contribution.

If This is 100% the truth and we arent being played here....

I say this is a chicken shit way of dealing with a thorn in your side (honda). That being said, I dont see how the "industry" could influence a privately owned forum like TT. there has to be more to the story than we are being told. I'd like to here the B's take on this before jumping to conclusions.

OK, so honda effectively had this dude banned?

I don't see any moderators here denying this.

TT is officially corporate and a sellout if this is true.

Dave

OK, so honda effectively had this dude banned?

I don't see any moderators here denying this.

TT is officially corporate and a sellout if this is true.

Dave

Before you go running that mouth any farther you might want to actually ask Brain about the situation (give him a PM), as for TT being corporate I would hope they are, just to protect themselfs from some idiot going off the deep end blaming them for some stupid shit that probably ain't true.

If it is true, So what! we don't own this forum, do you pay some sort of dues that makes you think you have some kind of say as to what go's on here? I don't.

Put your self in the owners shoes of this or any other company for that matter and have a company like Honda breathing down your neck, You have no clue as to what kind of damage a company like Honda with all there money could do to you.

I bet when you signed up to TT you didn't even read the disclaimer, it says you don't have any rights here and the owners and its affiliates have the right to remove anyone for any reason as they wish.