Sign in to follow this  

05 wr450 jetting kit which one is best?

What is the difference between the kits JD, FMF ect... Is there something I'm missing here? A jet is a jet isn't it? Tell me if I'm wrong but a crude description of a jet is a small brass plug with a metered orifice. So..... What would make one kit better than another? Is it the tuning instructions? That maybe I could understand but i find it hard to believe that one company is going to make a jet better than another. Please give me your opinions as I am very interested in possibly re-jetting my carb. I should note that my bike runs damn near perfect so far as I do not have any hesitation so I suppose driveabuility is damn near perfect however one could always use more response and power. I could use some more top end and come to think of it some bottom end and midrange would be nice too :naughty::naughty: . So give me you advise and opinions on this please..

I don't know what comes in the FMF kit, but the key to the JD kit is the custom tapered needles. The factory needles have a single taper. JD did a lot of testing to determine the proper fuel mixture at each throttle setting. The triple taper in these needles delivers an optimized fuel mixture throughout the entire throttle range. I love mine, and at $70 its a bargain. The kit also comes with a few standard jets, and instructions for which ones to use depending on your altitude, etc.

I'm not affiliated with JD in any way, but just wanted to spread the word a little, since the kit worked out so well for me.

I just pu the JD kit in my 05 WR450 and it runs great. Much better than stock.

The needle I think is what does it.

Ok sounds like the JD kit is the way to go. I was at the local Yamaha shop today and I asked about the different jetting kits they did not know anything about the JD kit or how to get it. Is it only available online?

Ok sounds like the JD kit is the way to go. I was at the local Yamaha shop today and I asked about the different jetting kits they did not know anything about the JD kit or how to get it. Is it only available online?

Yes, right here in the Thumper Talk Store

Why don't you just go to the WR jetting database and copy my specs, my bike runs flawlessly.....Perfect...... This is a no brainer!!! Us WR guys have posted all of our jetting for everyone to see, your bike is no different than mine... Don't over complicate things..... :naughty:

:naughty: Another Vote for the JD Kit!

Another thing I felt was worth the $$$$$ were the instructions! That alone is worth the $70.

Spend some time thinking about the entire range of information he gives you, and you'll be much better prepaired in any situation. You'll become the jetting guru at the track! :naughty: