Hinson clutch cushions, where to buy?

I'm having a hard time finding a reputable online retailer that sells these. I need them for a 2000 yz426 w/ a PE basket.

Any ideas? even the Hinson site doesn't list them for the 426......

I think you have to use the OEM primary gear/cushion unit. Drill out the rivets holding the stock basket on and bolt the new basket in place of it. Hardware should come with the basket. If the cushion is bad, you need another complete stock gear/basket assembly to start over with.

oh boy....

I hope my stocker is in good shape then.

is this true for all the big YZ's? I swore I've read about replacing w/ Hinson cushions on the forum before.

Thanks grayracer!

On my Honda they where toast, When I replace my clutch basket with the PE unit I bought the hinson cushions. I know on the newer yamaha's they have cuchions, but didn't the older models have springs??

The 2000 has springs, not sure of the other years.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By faizakhtar125
      Hey guys I just bought a bike last night. So the seller said the bike will turn on but then die. We didn't try it because it was really late at night and it was raining (seat was wet). But he said if you bump start it, it will turn on and ride. So what do you think the problem is? I just want to make sure it runs... I probably won't be able to bump start it till Saturday (rain)... It's a four stroke, and I know absolutely nothing about them. Thanks.
    • By dpenn1
      I could use some feedback, My son is getting into off road riding so I have starting getting back into it as well.  We mostly do trail riding but did some MX track riding last year and he loved it andso did I.  I have a 2003 TTR 225, it's nice that it has an electric start but the suspension is too soft and it doesn't have enough power for my liking.  When I was riding the MX track I was having issues bottoming out on the larger jumps.  I want to change to a more off-road capable bike.   I won't ride it much and don't want to spend a lot of money, I think I prefer a 2 stroke, when I was younger, in 1990, I raced an 89 RM250 and loved it.  I am looking at a 96 RMX 250  and a 98 YZ400F, both bikes look to be in good condition and around a thousand dollars.  I like the RMX because I think kicking a 2 stroke 250 should be easier than a 4 stroke 400 and the simplicity of the 2 stroke engine.  The 400 sounds good because of the low end torque I assume it has but the cost of rebuilding the 4 stroke if needed worries me and I have heard they are hard to start. Should the RMX be decent for an occasional trip to an MX park?  Any thoughts on these two bikes? 
    • By yz480doinwork
      Brand new, still in the packaging Lexx end cap fits the stock muffler of 2006 & 2007 YZ450f and 06-13 YZ250f. Comes with a forest service approved spark arrestor and two different size tips. Don't spend hundreds of dollars on a slip on, this tip can be quiet and forest legal or loud and make power! Also a note for WR450 guys: get this tip and find a used 06/07 YZ muffler, fits directly on 09-15 WR450. $80 shipped free to the lower 48. PM, call or text 406-223-8789
    • By Woody Oakson
      So I have a 2008 yz450f and I would like to add some LED lights to it to make it street legal. Mainly just a headlight and a tail light and turn signals if I need to (which where I live hand signals work).
      So where I need help is getting power from the stator to a battery. Wiring from a battery to anything else I got and understand and don't need help with (but recommendations are welcome). So my questions are.
      What type of power is coming from the stator. AC or DC? Will I need a regulator or rectifier? How do I wire something from the stator to charge a battery? What would that wiring look like? Would this stator http://www.rickystator.com/product/stators/yamaha/yamaha-yz450f-35-watt-lighting-stator-assembly-06-09 work? Anything else I should know? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.