Sign in to follow this  

Any suggestions appreciated........

Ladies--

I am a recently (about 3 months) divorced guy with 2 kids (a boy 5 and a girl 9) that I have every other week. I am 36 years old, 6'2" tall and weight about 225 lbs. So after being married for 13 years, how do I go about meeting a girl and where are good places to meet them (if she liked to ride that would be all the better :naughty: )? I know I could go to a bar and get real drunk and go home with a beer goggle induced nightmare but that is not what I want. Not for me or my children. It is not like I am out there fishing or desperate as I feel that time alone after a divorce is good too. But having a conversation with an adult woman and maybe a warm body to lay next to sure would be a nice alternative to Rosie.

Errrr, please read the rules of this forum!!!

Like I said before, women do sincerely feel bad for y'all but come on!!!

Anyway, not meeting chicks in a bar is probably the best way to start. :naughty: And time alone after a divorce is probably the BEST way to go. Ride more. Hang with your buds. Meeting new people, male and female. Get to know yourself better. It will help you to understand what you need when you find someone to spend the rest of your life with....

Join a gym. Start running. Take your kids to the park. Need I say more?? It won't kill you to be alone for while.

I recently read an article in BMW Owner's News about the drummer for Rush, Neal Peart. In just one year he lost his daughter in a car crash and his wife to cancer. So he set out on a two-year trek of the continent on his BMW R1100GS (big touring/dual sport bike). In the end he felt like he reached some major conclusions of life and even wrote a book about his mental and physical journey.

I'm not saying you have to abandon your job and friends and set out on some kind of excursion and write a book about it, but I was impressed that he turned grief (or in your case maybe, loneliness) into something he could learn from, all by following his passions. The guy loved to ride. And he used it as a vehicle to heal and discover himself.

So, go out, do what you love to do... do it for yourself. Get passionate about it. Someday you may even meet someone who loves doing the same things, maybe not. It's all good.

What's the hurry?

3 months is NOTHING.

I divorced in January of 2000, and took some time to find "ME". I now live with Dirtee Girl (another divorcee) and her two kids, mine are there every other weekend. Had I rushed right back into the next thing it would have never lasted.

I now spend every waking moment tormenting dirtee girl. I think she likes it, she keeps coming back for more.

I didn't take the post as a pick up line....just asking for advice.

My best advice is.....don't look. Figure out why you got a divorce, why things didn't work out....if it was her "fault"....what attracted you to her to begin with....and try to avoid it in the future.

3 months and already looking? You do sound desparate for company. Not bagging on you, just an observation.

I say, if you really need a warm body....pick up one or two here and there....it keeps you from making any sort of committment that would probably be a rebound sorta thing and will eventually backfire.

Remember....Rosie Palm and her sisters don't have baggage, won't steal from you, cheat on you, or break your heart....or your kid's hearts.

peace,

janette

My best advice is.....don't look. Figure out why you got a divorce, why things didn't work out....if it was her "fault"....what attracted you to her to begin with....and try to avoid it in the future.

3 months and already looking? You do sound desparate for company. Not bagging on you, just an observation.

I say, if you really need a warm body....pick up one or two here and there....it keeps you from making any sort of committment that would probably be a rebound sorta thing and will eventually backfire.

Remember....Rosie Palm and her sisters don't have baggage, won't steal from you, cheat on you, or break your heart....or your kid's hearts.

peace,

janette

Yeah, and if you alternate hands with your eyes closed, you can pretend you're having a threesome.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!

Thanks for the responses. I guess just after a divorce it is the hardest to deal with because you have an empty house every other week. I don't think I am too desperate, thoughts just get the best of you sometimes when you are alone. I agree that being alone is a good thing in order to find yourself again and it also helps your kids adjust to a new life (and they are my main priority too). I am going to wait a while and I don't really long for companionship all the time but sometimes you just get those urges...you know what I'm sayin'?

anyway thanks again, :naughty:

Well, animals have urges too. But humans don't have to let them direct their lives.

Well, animals have urges too. But humans don't have to let them direct their lives.

:naughty: really?

maybe i just choose to let my urges direct my life. currently my animal urges are directing me to ride my bike more and not worry about dating chicks, since they would only interfere with riding time.

mw

What's the hurry?

3 months is NOTHING.

I divorced in January of 2000, and took some time to find "ME". I now live with Dirtee Girl (another divorcee) and her two kids, mine are there every other weekend. Had I rushed right back into the next thing it would have never lasted.

I now spend every waking moment tormenting dirtee girl. I think she likes it, she keeps coming back for more.

Not really true.... Sorry to sell you out sunshine but you DID rush right back in and it didn't last. This is actually a perfect example to give in this case. It also hurt a few people along the way and that is a big thing to try to avoid as well.

Oh, and I don't like the torment, I just don't remember anything so I keep coming back for more abuse.....

Anyways, on to the subject at hand.... ALWAYS remember that it's not just about you anymore. I didn't have redhurricane around my kids at all until I was sure that he was sticking around. He didn't do that in the beginning and with no bad intentions hurt me and his kids pretty badly for a while. My best advice is to always be honest. If you want/need a companion, be straight forward and make sure it's VERY clear that is all that it is and don't bring kids into it at all.

Good luck, it's not the best place to be right after a divorce but the others are right about it being the best time to really find yourself and what you really want out of life.

Dude! sell the house, buy a motorbike transporter & go and riding !! :naughty:

Please seriously there are many web sites for this talk but we are hear to chat bikes. :naughty:

ALWAYS remember that it's not just about you
If you want/need a companion, be straight forward and make sure it's VERY clear that is all that it is and don't bring kids into it at all.

AGREED!!!!! :naughty::naughty: and well said. Your kids already lost their daddy and don't need strange women in and out of their lives. You made a choice to break up the family. Now you have to live with it and still take care of those kids the RIGHT way.

I agree with you completely. My children are my most important priority and I am not going to bring anyone into this relationship without them having a full knowledge of who I am and what I stand for (which is my children). I am in no rush to fill the void of my wife and put my children through any more stress then they have already been delt. Sometimes some discrete relations with the opposite sex would be nice thought. You know the more I think about it I may just marry my bike. She never complains. And neither does Rosie. Thanks again for all your support.

Sorry! It's just when people post their bio specs, y'all gotta figure somewhere in their brain they're hoping!!! :naughty:

Anyway, hang in there, man! Take time for yourself and don't in such a hurry!

Sorry! It's just when people post their bio specs, y'all gotta figure somewhere in their brain they're hoping!!! :naughty:

I'm 6'3", 210lbs, blond hair, blue eyes, with a great job........what's a good rear tire?

:naughty::D:D

"You'll be walkin' roun' the corner sometime and Karma will hit ya in the face like an 18 lb. Sledge"

When The Hammer Falls Down-Sammy Hagar. 1986.

That's how you'll find the good things in life. You stumble into/onto them.

Just like riding.

Get your A$$ of the seat.

Elbows up.

Attack the ruff sections and take a breath in the easy ones.

Good luck. Ride 'til you can't anymore.

Enjoy life with the gifts you've got...like your wonderful children.

If you can't find a woman who'll ride, at least find one who'll shave the hair on your back for ya...that's sage advice there!... :naughty: