Sign in to follow this  

crf 450 frame difference??

Anyone know the difference between the 2002 frame and the 2004 frame?

any help would be appreciated.......Thanks :naughty:

Doesn't it have a slightly smaller diameter frame tubing? I'm not sure just asking.

Josh #00

bottom motormounts

So...I assume my 'o4 motor wont bolt in then? What I am thinking of doing is getting an '02 frame w/title ( for the green sticker) and putting all my '04 parts on. Is it feasable or am I just barkin up the wrong tree??

The head angle is different also

Yeah...I thought that was different but offset triple calmps would fix that deal.

The head angle is different also

The head angle on frame is the same. All they did from 02 to 03 & 04 was change the linkage and the rear subframe. The net effect was a head angle change.

The bottom motormount isn't different on the frames, just the motors.

If the motor mounts are diff on the motors...then wouldnt the frames also be different??? :naughty:

I compared a bare 03 and 02 frame side by side. The only thing I could find was the where the mount is for the shock, a little thinner. I got the 02 frame for the title and green sticker.

If the motor mounts are diff on the motors...then wouldnt the frames also be different??? :naughty:

No, the earlier motors were narrower and used a spacer, the later ones are wider and don't use a spacer.

No, the earlier motors were narrower and used a spacer, the later ones are wider and don't use a spacer.

I knew there was something like that going on down there...

So if that was the case, all the motors fit in all the frames... :naughty:

I compared a bare 03 and 02 frame side by side. The only thing I could find was the where the mount is for the shock, a little thinner. I got the 02 frame for the title and green sticker.

Is that what you did...use the '02 frame and swap everything over??

I knew there was something like that going on down there...

So if that was the case, all the motors fit in all the frames... :naughty:

The 05 front motormount is 20mm wider. Also the rear is a bit wider on the left side so the swingarm bearing spacer is shorter. I found all this out when I put my 02 motor in an 05 frame...

The '02 and '03 should be the same, it's when they went to the '04 model where the changes occured.